Range ads in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Timekeeper

03-23-2013

As others said, high-risk for high-reward. You can put out the damage late-game, but getting to that point will be the challenge. You're squishy, and the enemy team will be gunning to shut you down. Your best choice is to go bot and have your team keep ganking steadily, then switch top the last half or third of the game. By then you should hopefully have the farm to go through the enemy team. This will require your team to cooperate well in order for you to get to this point.

Honestly, though? If you need range, grab a mage or a ranged bruiser like Urgot. Less risk, equal-to-greater reward.

A Slime Appears

03-23-2013

In solo Q, when you lock in an ADC you are actually pressing the "give me a free loss" button. You'll very rarely have a team capable of protecting you from all the gap closers and assassins. If you can duo with someone that is willing to watch your back you'd be much better off.

Mightyal

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
In solo Q, when you lock in an ADC you are actually pressing the "give me a free loss" button. You'll very rarely have a team capable of protecting you from all the gap closers and assassins. If you can duo with someone that is willing to watch your back you'd be much better off.
That's why I think ADC should be a last pick in solo queue. If your team looks capable of handling, or benefiting from ADC in the first place.

If you insta-lock ADC at the beginning, you're asking everyone to build around you.

EZNtree

03-23-2013

i rarely see adc when i play, and if i do its usually ezreal caitlyn or vayne

Waterd

03-23-2013

I think they are a few that are viable overall right now. Jayce and urgot are great of course. Miss fortune, Vayne, Kog maw, ezreal and quinn are fine. The rest I think need help for them not to be a mistake pick in most ocassion (In a play to win mentality i mean)

Duelpower

03-23-2013

Ezreal, Vayne, Tristana, and to a lesser extent kogmaw/draven depending on the player are all viable in solo queue. Just make sure you see the rest of your team's picks before you choose a ranged carry.

AlphaFerric

03-23-2013

I fairly frequently play adc's now (trying to diversify). Vayne/Ez are pretty standard ones that can do well with a semi competent team. Ezreal is great just because you don't have to rely on your team for peels toooo much. If I see tanks that are pretty solid (leona, ali, rammus, etc) I'll grab draven kog or once in a blue moon adc kayle. They all have insane mid to late game damage output, but they are pretty reliant on a few peels.

About the picking an adc, I normally pick one and then just wait to lock in. If the team gets what I'm trying to do, then I'm golden, but if not, I can always switch to an assassin and fill a similar damage/ganking role.

otirruborez

03-24-2013

corki!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

underestimation.

good early, mid, and late game damage, poke and decent escape.

Detris White

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-31-2013

i like sivir