What if the aura was changed to amplify bonus mana regeneration?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZallKlos

03-23-2013

Something in the line of time:

Bonus mana regeneration(from items, runes) increases by X%.
Does not increase base mana regen.

Idea:

If a mana champion wants to spam spells everytime they are off cooldown, he has to invest into mana regeneration via runes or items. Mana management will be required.

Why:

A resource mechanic has no purpose if said resource if it never gets low or run out. Investing in mana regen will allow you to cast more spells but you must run out of mana.

Few Consequences:

Buff to all manaless champions. If all mana champion go down in power.

Nerfs to tanky AP. Tank items usually don't provide mana regeneration. Lulu can run out of mana, Kassadin cannot trollwalk across the map as before. Glassadin usually die within a stun/silence. Nunut bot is getting nerfs.

AD champions can't spam spells as much aka nerfs to Kha'Zix and Jayce.

Some champions cannot defend indefinitely a node. Pokes must count.

Comments? Theorycraft away.

konfetarius

03-23-2013

Nerfs champions that don't need nerfing. Merely redraws the tier lists without fixing anything overall, make it more boring by forcing specific builds.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-23-2013

This might work...

A Slime Appears

03-23-2013

Kass can trollwalk because of health packs, not mana regen. Mana regen can't keep up with riftwalk costs, but health packs give so much mana it's irrelevant. Well, I don't play him much at all, so maybe I'm wrong, but it seemed to me that building mana regen would have been useless when I can just whoosh around the map nabbing health packs. Like konf said it would hurt a lot of champs that don't need to be hurt and it won't really fix the problem.

Volandum

03-23-2013

Then I demand you revert the codex nerfs.

FDru

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
Kass can trollwalk because of health packs, not mana regen.
It's both, really. If you ever played Kass on SR, you would see why he's been under the radar forever. His mana game is horrible, and he's hard to get off the ground.

Dom makes mana pools basically irrelevant for most champs.