Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question about champ balance between TT and SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heely

11-04-2010

Hello,

I don't play TT (don't like the map really). But I don't understand why some people say that some champs are better on one map than the other. Why is it ? Like Mundo being really awesome on TT but meh on SR...

I'm not questioning if it's true, I know it is, I just don't know why and would like to know

Kagetenshi

11-04-2010

It's just because of the different amount of people, and the way the map is made. 5 people can burst Mundo down fast, but with 3 people, you see more sustained damage as opposed to burst, and Mundo can handle sustained.

Warscythes

11-04-2010

Map size and jungle control. TT maps does not last that long so carries like MF or twitch are useless there.

Meanwhile champions that shine early game like Garen or Mordekasier are overpowered because they dominate early game. TT has a small lane width so is hard to dodge the cleavers and Mundo has incredibly staying power which makes him strong on TT.

So yea.

Heely

11-04-2010

Ah, those two things (the fact that 3 people bursting you down vs 5) and the early game vs. carry argument as well makes sense, I understand. Thank you guys for explaining

Diogennes

11-04-2010

Taric and Garen are also some of the stars of 3v3
Especially if put together.
Justice will usually get 2 people in 5v5 teamfight. Probably 2 people in a 3v3 teamfight too. But that 2 is a much greater portion of that team (2/5ths vs 2/3rds). I'm sure you know this though.
I think i heard pantheon is great 3v3 too. (I should really go back to 3v3)

3v3 is also a greater testimate to personal skill. Since the outcome rests more on each person's shoulders. They end quicker too, thats fun.

Wanna win every 3v3 game? Get a team like Taric Mundo Garen. Everyone stacks sunfires.
at 2 each thats 6 sunfires each doing 70 dps. 70 x 6 = 420 area damage a second. These heroes are also pretty unreliant on items. 3 sunfires each = 630 dps. You can probably just build normal items after 2 sunfires.