Is Mundo a Tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadCast Apoz

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by selenvar View Post
there is a quote button you know...
I had already posted (^), only to have someone beat me, so I just had to edit.

QNecron

11-04-2010

HP stacking Mundos cry when DFG and Madreds come into play

/ignite

MathMage

11-04-2010

Tanks are melee disablers. Shen, Rammus, Amumu, etc. They build survivability because their utility to the team scales with how much disabling they do, which scales only with how long they survive, and because they have to wade into the middle of combat to do their disabling.

DPS champs scale off both AD/AS items (how fast they do damage) and survivability (how long they do damage). Beefy DPS just scales survivability more than damage, e.g. Olaf.

Tanky DPS puts out sustained soft CC along with damage. Xin and Mundo fit here--Xin more than Mundo, I guess.

Krosan

11-04-2010

Why would you build tank Mundo when he has no CC aside from a singletarget skillshot slow? Why would you attack tank Mundo unless he's backdooring or something?

Why would you want to ignore the fact that Masochism is a wonderful, wonderful spell?

Lactic Acidosis

11-04-2010

I once had a pro mundo player who towered dived mid turret and took on 5 poeple and and gave us time to take down both inhitbors on other lanes. This mundo was one of the best tanks i have ever seen how many heros do you know that can bum rush a turret with 5 enemy heros and still take down the turret and keep pushing. also he wasnt fed.

Funster

11-04-2010

Any character with muscles or is large in stature is assumed to be a tank.

CrimsonRipper

11-04-2010

A friend of mine builds crit mundo. He goes where he pleases. He crits who he pleases.

So I guess a warmogs, a Spirit Visage, then any and all items involving crit (Infinity, Avarice, Atmas), Boots of Swiftness.

Dishbag

11-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfyri Ithikos View Post
He absorbs and deals damage. That's it. He has no CC, no way to force people to attack him and nothing else that makes a tank a tank.

He's a DPS who can take a hit, same as Xin, Olaf, Garen, ETC.
this

Brohammad

11-04-2010

He can tank, or damage. His tank build requires 2 damage items though, or he'll just be ignored.

Visage, Warmog's FoN Boots Last Whisper and IE will make tank mundo a threat.