Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Is Mundo a Tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sfyri Ithikos

11-04-2010

He absorbs and deals damage. That's it. He has no CC, no way to force people to attack him and nothing else that makes a tank a tank.

He's a DPS who can take a hit, same as Xin, Olaf, Garen, ETC.

selenvar

11-04-2010

Quote:
Apoznaxaa:
See selenvar's post. ^

there is a quote button you know...

Takalah

11-04-2010

He is what is referred to as an "off-tank". Off tanks build choices have latitude as they can lean towards one or the other.

SilasBane

11-04-2010

Soak, not a tank.

A soak absorbs (or soaks up) damage. A tank controls the enemy, protecting their DPSers. Mundo will live a long time in a fight, but can do nothing to keep Annie, Fiddle and Twitch alive.

amcii

11-04-2010

http://img814.imageshack.us/i/warmogspowerrrrrrrr.jpg/

carbonClockwork

11-04-2010

i normally wouldnt reccomend building him tanky, but since they buffed warmog's i would reccomend rushing it.

my usual build is something like this:
regrowth pendant + hp pot
warmogs
boots of choice
stark's ferver (mundo loves every single stat on this thing)
spirit visage (effectively lowers the hp cost of cleavers you land on top of other regen/heals)/aegis of legion/other 'small' situational defensive item
infinity edge
elixers
situational luxury item(s)

Helelos

11-04-2010

Quote:
Sfyri Ithikos:
He has no CC

Mundo's Q is a ranged slow

Praul

11-04-2010

Personally, I love Tank Mundo. People say he does nothing to make people target him and that he doesn't do damage. I totally disagree. His W + 1 Sunfire does a lot of damage. Tack on E and he can dish it out all the while being pretty unkillable.

Lastly, his cleaver Q is amazing. Amazing for laning, harassment, and perma slow. Also it makes Mundo a very viable anti-tank, which the current meta loves. After being pelted by cleavers the team WANTS to kill you. It works. Try it.

When you roll W-E-And Q Spam, your target feels the hurt.

Oh, getting low while laning? Being focused? R. Bam.

Simply realize who has ignite or a heal reduction ability and be a little careful around them and you are fine.

TrixThebrit

11-04-2010

Quote:
Helelos:
Mundo's Q is a ranged slow

Oh no a ranged slow,Amumu has so much bloody CC,Shen has Taunt,Rammus etc etc...

Baron Nashor

11-04-2010

Quote:
Marshuni:
Everytime I play Mundo, I state that he is not a tank.

Everyone flames me and then no one else picks a tank.

Why is this? I'm pretty sure the Devs have even stated that he was not intended to be a tank.

I get this all the time, from people in the 1500-1600 Elo range. It makes me sad. Mundo is only a good tank if the enemy decides to attack him. Mundo built as a tank is not very threatening.