Stuck on reconnect->black screen hours after game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wolf 7

03-23-2013

so I got disconnected in a game and was waiting for reconnect, but decided to alt-f4 and restart the game. after that, I login, come across the reconnect button. when I click it, I sit at a black screen for a long period of time until I get a message about a firewall blocking the lol connection. the thing is, ive never used a firewall of any kind and ive been playing lol on this computer for months without any problems. and, I can log on my other lol account and play games on it. just not on this one.

tl;dr - stuck at reconnect, able to log on other account and play games. not my computer, bug with my account or riot servers

xeryus15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2013

have the same problem

Wolf 7

03-23-2013

this is so annoying..cant play. please fix!

FlameOfCerberus

03-23-2013

I have and still am experiencing this very problem, It started when i was playing a game with a premade group of friends. We were 20 min into the game and then randomly we all got the "attempting to reconnect" status in game. This has happened before so we let it try to reconnect for about 2 mins, after that we decided to leave game and reconnect that game. We got into the loading screen to be told that our firewall was the problem which is obviously not the problem. While this was happening i had a friend who was spectating the game, when it came to the point of our disconnection he recieved an error saying there was no data to spectate.
Ive now had this problem for about 4 hrs any help on this matter would be helpful and as other people are experiencing the same problem it should be of some concern.

Wolf 7

03-23-2013

yes, it seems as if the server hasn't registered that our game is finished, however the game is over. therefore when we try to connect, there is no game to connect to, thus getting the black screen and error.

xeryus15

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-23-2013

this is getting irritating my account is stuck for about 3 hours. i hope some rioters fix this problem

Wolf 7

03-23-2013

after many many hours..the problem seems to have resolved itself.