Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Option for 'champion pool' maybe?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alex3omg

03-22-2013

I own a lot of champs, just from playing mass. Would it be possible for an added feature that lets me pick champs I want to be able to play in ARAM? Now, it'd still be RANDOM and it'd still be a big pool- I'm thinking like 50 champions- but I wouldn't have to play like trundle or trynd.

I hope that made sense. And, it would be... like an optional thing. Maybe it'd be nice for the matchmaking. And if you have less than 50 (or whatever) champs you just get all you have plus free week, yknow?

What do you guys think?

KaXaSA51

03-22-2013

Why not the inverse?
You have like 3~5 champion that you don't like, you can mark these champions in your profile and whenever you join ARAM the system will ignore these champion.

The only issue here is that they would need to set a min number of champions that you need to own to use this feature, you know.. to avoid abuse. Maybe set it based on how many champions you own, like you can mark one champ for every 10(?) you own, so if you own 50 champions you can mark 5...

and it wouldn't work on free week champs(?)
-----------------

There are other ways you can deal with this problem, like instead of the current system:
join aram → get a random champion

They could change it to give the player 3 random options so:
join aram → get 3 random champions → pick one

I don't think the other players should see the champions you have available... to avoid the "omfg why would you pick teemo over blitz?!.. ffs, report pls!" :P so it should only appear for your team when you lock it.

Warrrrax

03-23-2013

That would be awesome, but they aren't gonna do it. We will be LUCKY if/when they make an actual Queue for ARAM. Don't expect a bunch of special coding. I guess it would be helpful for Randoming champs but thats just not useful enough for the effort.
Honestly I am AMAZED they made a special ARAM map when proving grounds is already just fine.

TropicJazz

03-23-2013

The "R" stands for "Random". I'd much rather the game unlock every single champion for you to use and pick one at random. You know, for truly random fights. It also mixes it up by not always picking the champs you're good at just because those are the only ones you own.

Theungry

03-25-2013

I don't really see it being valuable to the game mode. The more truly random the better, in my opinion.

The only reason i don't support opening the entire champ pool for the mode is that you'd have too many people playing x champion for the first time, and really downgrading the skill level of the competition in every single game.

SylianEUW

03-25-2013

I'd like it if they added an option to disable 3% of our champions or so. That way, anyone with around 34 champions can disable one champion, anyone with around 38 can disable two, and anyone with at least around 102 can disable 3. This would not upset balance too much and it would make ARAM more fun to play, while rewarding players for owning many champions.

Theungry

03-26-2013

That doesn't get around the problem that it would be a pretty significant project for riot to undertake for incredibly minimal benefit to LoL overall.

Even if we all agreed it was a nice quality of life benefit (I still think it's counter to the point of ARAM), it's still about 206th on the list of projects that are worth attention in the development cycle.