Permanent Bug Splat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jagrosh

03-24-2013

I really hope they release a new patch soon

jagrosh

03-25-2013

Is anyone else still having this issue. I'm still getting bug splats.

CauselessCrusade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Still getting this problem, been happening all weekend.

NÂȘtion

03-25-2013

apparently these types of problems are only issues if they affect thousands of players. go figure.

jagrosh

03-25-2013

Maybe if we get more people to post (especially with logs) to this forum Riot will help us!

Bus Driver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaNKeD View Post
I can't even get into Custom Games this time around.

Are you just going to tell us to completely remove and re-download and re-install and waste 4-5 hours?
better than wasting time trying to get into a game hoping it magically fixed itself :P (this has happened to me before) and while it is very frustrating it is 100% your fault for losing additional LP by not fixing the problem or testing in normals first.

TaNKeD

03-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bus Driver View Post
better than wasting time trying to get into a game hoping it magically fixed itself :P (this has happened to me before) and while it is very frustrating it is 100% your fault for losing additional LP by not fixing the problem or testing in normals first.
? It's my fault that I don't just automatically think to test a custom game after every patch to see if it just happened to break my game this time around....uh huh...

Last time this happened I played normals first after the patch and it worked fine then it bug splatted when I tried ranked and I lost LP. Also my fault right? Derp.

Anyways OP, I had to fully remove and re-install my game from scratch and I haven't had an issue since. Just suck up the hours it takes, install it overnight. You'll be much less frustrated.

jagrosh

03-26-2013

Okay, I may try re-installing (although when I've had problems in the past this didn't help). Although it makes me think that maybe the "repair" option should just do a reinstall.

Also, it's not like I kept trying to do ranked after I got a bug splat, I went to play a ranked game and it happened out of the blue, so I only tried customs afterwards. I don't really care about the LP (I don't play ranked often) but it would be nice to receive it back to save me the time wasted from this problem + 1-2 more games to restore it. And I'm not trying to get "magically" into a game; I test multiple scenarios to try to determine what is going wrong, each time modifying a specific attribute.

CauselessCrusade

03-27-2013

Alright, I reinstalled the game, it works now. Still no idea what caused it to crash in the 1st place tho

LtBackx

03-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
I looks like you have an issue with Direct X. Working through this Microsoft support article might resolve the problem you're having.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179113
Woaw you're totally useless aren't you.. "Oh.. Our patch is broken? Let's send them to windows DirectX"

Dude.. no1 had an issue before the patch like this.. now there are multiple people who have isues becuase of a garbage broken patch that Riot didn't test properly. Don't treat us like idiots sending us on some wild goose chase to update something that's not broken with our computers and fix the patch..

Tell us you're working on it. go work on it, fix it and release a fixed patch, instead of telling us some made up garb about DirectX.