[Champion Suggestion] Operative 110, The Secret Agent

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flintlock

12-05-2009

I believe I suggested this guy a long time ago. Didn't get much response. Completely changed him. A heads up; yes I know his skills are kinda similar in theme to a certain Satyr Assassin. I only realized about two days after I thought up the original hero, when I switched up Top Secret (it used to be 'Enemies can't see Operative 110 on the minimap')

Name: Operative 110
Title: The Secret Agent

Image: Tall human dressed in brown trench coat. Face is completely concealed, even his eyes, by the large collar of the coat, which he holds shut with one hand. Wears similar coloured pants and a bowler hat (think the old cartoon concept of the spy). Wields a knife. As demonstrated by ability animations, he conceals a number of other things, including an entire bed sheet, inside his trench coat.
Back story: This bio has been censored to prevent certain pieces of information reaching public eyes.
Before joining the league, ---- -------, also known as Operative 110, was a founding member of the organisation -------, a private intelligence gathering group centred in -----. They would've been very famous if they hadn't been so good at their jobs. However, the organisation was bought out and eventually absorbed into the ----- government, after which ----- ---- ---------- -- ------ - ---- - ------- ---- ------ -------- and --- ------ -- -- ------. Disgusted by his colleague’s lack of honour and taste, Operative 110 left for greener pastures. Because of this, Operative 110 joined the league, partly to get the respect he deserved after so long stuck in the shadows and partly to ---- ---- ------- ---, or possibly just to chew some gum.
Operative 110 is an expert in stealth, disruption, ----------- and accountancy, able to move across a battlefield fraught with enemy eyes, yet never cause a wayward glance. He's especially good at co-operating with other warriors, despite his apparently misanthropic nature. Operative 110 once again sharpens his knives, restocks his smoke bombs and neatly fold his 'Project X'; also known as the '--- -----', ready for a scuffle.

In seconds, the Secret Agent has come and gone. And you never saw a thing.

---

Tags: Assassin, Fighter, Support, Melee, Stealth, Disable

Voice: Upper-class British
Selection- “What do you want to know?”
Movement- “Operative 110, ready and willing.” “They don’t suspect a thing.” "Time is of the essence."
Attack- "And the knife hits the kidney." "This may get messy. "I hope they like the taste of steel."
Taunt- "Oh dear, I hope you can do better than this."
Joke- *clears throat* "[In a French Accent]... Gentlemen."
Dance- *Shakes head* "I do not dance"
Death- “Oh Bugger.”; falls down, facing forward.

Stats
Health - 468 (+ 71 per level)
Mana - 0 (+ 0 per level)
Movement Speed - 310
Armour - 19 (+ 3.5 per level)
Spellblock - 30 (+ 0 per level)
Critical Strike - 4 (+ 0.5 per level)
Health Regen - 1 (+ 0.1 per level)
Mana Regen - 0 (+ 0 per level)
Range - 125
Attack - 64 (+ 3.5 per level)
Attack Speed - 0.735 atks/sec (+ 0.015 per level)

Skills
Skill-set explanation: Operative 110 is based around a sneaky spy. Because he doesn't have a mana bar, 110's skills don't cost mana. However, they don't cost HP either and have no cool down. Aside from his passive, 110's skills are based on 'ammunition'. Whenever Operative 110 returns to the fountain (whenever he's healed by the fountain), he replenishes the ammunition of all his skills. He can only use his skills a prescribed number of times before having to go back to the fountain. Before you ask what the hell is his passive meant to be, it's essentially permanent stealth, but everyone's suddenly got free, permanent Oracle elixirs.

Passive- Top Secret
In-game Description: Operative 110 is so sneaky that he's permanently stealthed. Stealth breaks if he moves within 450 range of an enemy. Additionally, Operative 110 carries ammunition inside his trench coat that's used up when he casts individual spells. He replenishes ammunition when he is healed by his team's fountain.

Hot key “Q”- Smoke Bomb
Description: Operative 110 throws one of his home-made Smoke Bombs at a targeted spot, obscuring sight in an area around the target. The smoke initially created is so acrid that it damages opponents during the first 3 seconds for 30/45/60/75/90 damage per second (+0.2 per AP) Each smoke cloud lasts five seconds and obscures sight similarly to bushes. Operative 110 can only hold 6 Smoke Bombs at a time.
Hidden Stats: Smoke Bomb can be cast from 450 range away. They have a radius (from the centre to the edge of the AOE for those who don't remember basic geometry) of 200. Smoke bombs deal damage as a status effect; stacking multiple bombs on top of each other will not deal extra damage. If two bombs intersect, they are treated as different 'bushes'.
Animation: 110 throws a small bomb. Upon impact with the targeted spot, a cloud of grey smoke is created.

Hot key “W”- Disposable Daggers
Description: (Toggle-able) Operative 110 keeps a number of spare knifes in his pockets, allowing him to leave his daggers in his opponents, dealing an extra 40%/50%/60%/70%/80% of his damage over the next 2 seconds (at a rate of 10%/12.5%/15%/17.5%/20% every 0.5 seconds). Operative 110 only keeps 15 knives on him (including the one he's wielding). If he uses up all 15 knives, Operative 110 is reduced to punching, dealing only 40% (+0.4% per AP) of his normal damage.
Hidden Stats: Disposable Daggers is not a status effect. Disposable Daggers is a toggle-able buff; click it once to turn it on. Whilst on, each attack he does uses up 1 dagger of 15.
Animation: Small blood splatter every time it deals damage.

Hot key “E”- Back to Back
Description: Passive: Operative 110 sharpens his focus on the battle field, increasing his vision by 50/100/150/200/250
Active: Operative 110 temporarily forges a bond with target ally. Both he and the ally gain +20/+30/+40/+50/+60 AP (+0.3 per AP) and +15%/+20%/+25%/+30%/+35% damage. This lasts for 5 seconds or until the two units leave 450 range of each other. Due to his anti-social nature, Operative 110 can only use this 4 times before he runs out of patience and must return to the fountain to ease his wits.
Hidden Stats: AP is not added retrospectively; the +0.3 per AP isn't affected by AP given by actually casting the spell. This spell has a range of 450. Back to Back can be cast on multiple allies at a time, but will only give the bonus to each hero once.
Animation: Status is a thumbs-up. Appears like Tryndamere's shout.

Hot key “R”- Project X
Description: Operative 110 grabs his foe using his secret weapon (the bed sheet) and runs off with them. The opponent is removed from the battlefield whilst wrapped in Project X and reappears next to the secret agent either when you re-cast the spell or when the duration wears off. Due to its size, Operative 110 can only carry one of these at a time. When cancelled, the targeted opponent is stunned for the remaining time. Lasts 3/4/5 seconds.
Hidden Stats: Casts at melee range. Movement spells (e.g. flash, teleport, etc) cancel this.
Animation: Whilst being used, Operative 110 runs around with a bedsheet slung over his shoulder.

Feedback would be appreciated. Numbers may be editted.

shiÑe

12-05-2009

overpowered... permanent invisibility was fine in dota.. not in this game.

Drake O Dagger

12-05-2009

Uh.... I'm not sure what game YOU'RE playing, but in the game I'm playing, Invisibility like this certainly isn't even close to OP. The champ can be seen by ANYONE who gets close to him. No special items required. And its a fairly large area at that. On top of that, he is extremely limited in how often he can use his abilities, which adds to the balance factor. So, no, he's not OPed. I rather like him. Good job. Not so sure about Smoke Bomb, but everything else seems just fine.

no12

12-05-2009

Absolutly love this, I must say. Especially the description, excellent work.
Back to Back seems pretty fun and I like the general ammo mechanic.
The pseudo permastealth could be good fun to play with. Im seeing serious backdooring by stealthing with, say, Evelynn, using Back to Back and dragging them down midgame.

PhantomChaos

12-06-2009

Very interesting hero concept. Keeping a limited stock of ability charges unless you return to the fountain is a bit extreme, but it synergies well with the rest of him. Also rofl'd at Back to Back's reason for limited ability charges.

Smoke Bombs are cool, seems quite interesting. However, due to the concept of Smoke Bombs, maybe Blind de-buffs would fit it better? Just saying, cause I like this version of it, but I'm kind of a sticker for realistic concepts.

Disposable Daggers is an interesting ability. Perhaps a *squelch* sound effect per hit, to signal that the dagger's stabbed into the guy. My only concern is how multiple Daggers stabbed into the same target will stack.

Back to Back is also an interesting ability. The 35% damage boost on level 5 could be a big "Ow." for some heroes, but slightly circumvented with the 450 range thing. Damage boost may or may not need tweaking. And I rofl'd again when I looked at the reason for limited charges.

Project X is fine, though it'll be curious as to how someone like a Minotaur or a Steam Golem would fit in a --- ----- . Anyway the concept is ok-ish.

By the way, where did you get the Russian Accent for the /joke? Unless you're trying to mimic The Blue Spy in Meet The Spy. In that case, FYI Spy's a Frenchie.

Flintlock

12-06-2009

@samuru
Stealth is generally acknowledged as easily counterable. Operative 110's stealth doesn't even need opponents to buy oracle potions. The only thing ging for it is you don't have to invest ability points into it.

@everyone else
Thank you for the praise

@PhantomChaos
Smoke bomb started off as a concept rather than an ability. Actually, it started off as something completely different; a free sentry ward which didn't show the map (before I had the ammunition concept), but sounded an alarm if an enemy hero moved too close. Then it blew up when opponents moved too close and stunned the enemy. Then it became a personal bush which only obscured LOS for enemies. Then it became simply a throwable bush. Then it gained damage. It then became a smoke bomb.

To make it harder for opponents to count daggers, I'd rather be no effect.

Not sure about the numbers for any of the skills. Feed back about them would be nice.

Yeah; it's meant to be french.

cazoofoo

12-06-2009

gah spy is sappin ma sentry

The Necro

12-06-2009

i like the idea of that character and hope he makes it into the game
I'd give him a try only to hear his voice

A 5 sec stun might be a bit much though for project x

Drake O Dagger

12-06-2009

I just realized his Attack Speed increase per level is WAY too high. It needs to be +0.015, or some number like that. at +0.15 its going over the speed cap on its own, which is way too fast. As 0.015 he'd be just a bit slower than Master Yi without items. Your damage might be a bit too high too, as its coming out as 134. Other than those though, his stats seem to be just fine. Like Necro said though, the stun might be a bit much. Still, great champ.

Flintlock

12-06-2009

Editted attack speed and damage (now it's 124 on lvl 18; it was 130.5 before because there's only 17 level ups as opposed to 18).Might change the stun later; I'd rather not make it 2/3/4, since it doesn't really feel like an ult and 3/3.5/4 doesn't give a whole lot of reason to level it up.