Riot's client running at slow fps with everything on very low.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MadBrok

03-22-2013

It is not my computer. I could play at very high everything on the iLoL client without my computer making a sound, and it's new with high specs.

So can we expect some kind of improvement to this in the near future? I can barely play when the client drops to 25fps during teamfights...

I've tried changing V-Sync, tried capping the framerate higher, but it just won't work.

As far as I know, everybody has this problem with the Riot client.

Why doesn't Riot buy Boompje's client from them? That would save us all a few aneurisms and a lot of tenuous beta testing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

03-22-2013

Boompje's unofficial client is actually the official windows client wrapped inside an emulator. It translates the windows graphics calls to the mac equivalent on the fly, and this process adds some overhead. As with all emulated games, the performance never reaches that of the original windows game played on the same computer booted into windows.

The official client lacks these shackles, and has the capability to surpass the unofficial client's performance by a decent margin, but it may take some time to optimize it. That's why this is still in beta.

That said, there are very few people reporting unacceptable performance with the mac client. Those I do encounter usually have their problems fixed with a simple SMC reset, OS Update, or tweaking their graphics settings.

There are literally dozens of factors off the top of my head I can think of that can affect the framerate of LoL. Perhaps there's a problem with your video settings, perhaps your OS is a few months/years out of date, perhaps you've got a laptop and its using the integrated video card rather than the discrete video card, perhaps you're running in windowed mode, or perhaps your SMC needs a reset to make it stop throttling your GPU.

"my framerate sucks, fix it" posts don't help you, and they don't help the developers. Post your system specifications. Post your video settings and the framerate you get. Post the framerate you got with the same exact settings in the unofficial client.

Give us some actual information to go on, have a little patience, and chances are we can get your performance back up to what it used to be. Who knows, you may even help the developers track down a video card that needs optimizing.