Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ping jumping from 20 to 500 every few minutes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schwärzwald

03-22-2013

With today's hotfix (I'm not sure what they fixed) I've been getting weird lag spikes that make my ping jump up into the 300-500 range....

Another weird thing is I can't tab out, I'm running Windows 8 in desktop mode and normally I can tab out like I could if I was on Windows 7 but now when I do it shows a bunch of default boxes I can tab to but when I select one I'm only given a blue screen.... Then when I try to alt+tab again I can see League running or I can go to the Windows 8 Home screen. This has never happened before...

Also, I've noticed that most of the lag spikes only seem to happen during the lane phase, although I think it happened at least once during the late game phase... I have no idea what that could possibly mean

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orcca

Wrenchmen

03-22-2013

Hey,

Uninstall Pando Media Booster and tell me if that fixes your problem. It's a torrent-like program used when installing League of Legends that will help some people download & patch the game quicker, but after initially installing the game often times it just steals a player's bandwidth and causes them to lag occasionally.

Alternatively, what is your ISP? Some providers have issues interacting with League of Legends for some reason, and when I see multiple people having the same LAG issue I believe that an ISP could be the culprit.