Lag + Crashing since the new 3.04 patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keromatsu

03-21-2013

I've been experiencing random lag and game crashes whenever I'm about to use an ability that requires some kind of aiming. (When the blue stuff appears on your screen when you're about to use an ability.) My FPS drops from 29 to ~16 every time I try to use an ability, and sometimes it crashes in team fights. I've changed all my quality settings to very low and this stuff still happens. This never happened to me before the patch. Is there anyway to fix it and has anyone been experiencing this lately?

Aregionius

Senior Wrenchman

03-22-2013

Do you have any other issues when this happens, like artifacts, messed up colors, missing textures, etc.?

zomdomdom

03-22-2013

my launcher is downloading the new patch, and it had been going on for two days. the downloading.
99percent, they say error occured and i have to start again from 1percent. please fix this.
p.s. im a mac user

InfernusMetal

03-22-2013

im just experiencing extreme lag but my ping is normal.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomdomdom View Post
my launcher is downloading the new patch, and it had been going on for two days. the downloading.
99percent, they say error occured and i have to start again from 1percent. please fix this.
p.s. im a mac user
For PC users, this problem is usually fixed by disabling Peer-to-Peer transfers (From the Launcher, top-right. Click on the cog wheel) and by uninstall Pando Media Booster. Go ahead and try both and tell me if it works.

Keromatsu

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Do you have any other issues when this happens, like artifacts, messed up colors, missing textures, etc.?
Nope, nothing out of the ordinary. It's just whenever I'm about to use a skill, it causes lag whenever the skillshot display loads. I've turned off the line display, and it stopped the lag caused from skill shots, but there's still lag whenever I have to use skills like Karthus/Anivia's walls or Zigg's ulti. But lag has fixed from when I try to use skill shots like Ezreal's mystic shot or Sona's ulti. I think the lag is caused when it is trying to load up the image for the display. It only lags if it changes your mouse cursor to an 'aiming display.'

Keromatsu

03-22-2013

I'm posting this on the wrong section. Sorry about that.