Why shouldnt ahri go toplane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CerealBoxOfDoom

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaginataX View Post
You don't have a "movement impairing effect" unless they consider charm one (and subsequently fear). I was under the impression that was more for snares and slows, someone correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case, you don't benefit from liandry's x2 effect and thus probably wouldn't make a significant enough difference to outweigh whatever lifesteal they have. That being said, you wouldn't be able to do anything pre-liandry which costs 2900 gold and that's ASSUMING you don't go boots, wards, pots, etc.
actually ahri has a special trick

W= 3 single target onspell procs.
E= 1 singletarget proc and has an effect similar to taunt but doesnt allow attacking and slows movement by 50%
R= 1 proc per hit. maximum 9 hits.

I am not mistaken, I am not mixing single target with multitarget or anything. Ahri is a special case due to how her abilities work kindof like how syndra's ult can proc manamune like 7 times lol.

pre liandry I get to stack HP and magic penetration and if I need to I can get hextech or rylais which combos really well with liandry's and is standard on ahri anyways. If im getting hextech I may as well get a kage's to build into wota for just as much sustain as them.

Not to say I'm gonna just roflstomp but ahri can actually do alot preliandry's as far as midgame prep goes

Devious Rogue

03-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerealBoxOfDoom View Post
actually ahri has a special trick

W= 3 single target onspell procs.
E= 1 singletarget proc and has an effect similar to taunt but doesnt allow attacking and slows movement by 50%
R= 1 proc per hit. maximum 9 hits.

I am not mistaken, I am not mixing single target with multitarget or anything. Ahri is a special case due to how her abilities work kindof like how syndra's ult can proc manamune like 7 times lol.

pre liandry I get to stack HP and magic penetration and if I need to I can get hextech or rylais which combos really well with liandry's and is standard on ahri anyways. If im getting hextech I may as well get a kage's to build into wota for just as much sustain as them.

Not to say I'm gonna just roflstomp but ahri can actually do alot preliandry's as far as midgame prep goes
Your tower's not gonna be there when you finally have those skills/items, honey, not unless your jungle babysits your lane or the enemy top laner just wants to farm like Nasus.

Cpt Koons

03-24-2013

Pros: Good vs squishy tops
Great at receiving ganks if charm lands
Can apply pressure to mid or blue/red buff respectively very easily

Cons: Won't be effective vs durable laners (specially those with gap closers)
No blue buff (this is rather big)
Easily ganked (long lane, no escapes)
Less presence on the map

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

As someone who mains Ahri, I go Ahri top often when I am countered mid.

In top lane she cannot "Dominate" Despite how well you play her. She can though, make short work of those tops like Kennen/Vladd that really like going top.

The problem with Ahri has already been stated: She cannot gank from top and her mid game presence is some of the strongest in the game. She can really help when ganking, and if she is top she cannot do it as well.

She can win her lane top, no question, even with health stackers she can easily kite those who stack health with a Rylai's scepter. You don't have to be a boss with mana management with Ahri because you can grab mana potions and spam her spells to heal herself back.

Ahri can go top quite easily, Just her presence will be less noticable all game and your chances of winning will go down since you cannot gank bot lane which is the lane that seriously needs the help,