Cleanse doesn't stop Skarner ult

First Riot Post
12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JokersUnited

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
That's correct. The important thing to remember here is that QSS takes an entire gold investment and item slot. A summoner spell "costs" you much less in comparison.
Long cooldowns are your cost


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Out of curiosity, why in the world are QSS and cleanse useable when not under the effects of CC? There's absolutely no reason you'd want to prime it before getting CC'd.

Most things that are conditional like this don't work out of the blue if the precedent for using it isn't around (Soraka's starcall and Morg's ult being other examples); don't you think that these two should likely be changed so that they cannot be used except when under some form of CC (or something that QSS can remove)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DevilsNightmare

Member

03-21-2013

I'll explain,

Summoner spells are "spells", as in abilities. When you are suppressed, or even silenced, you are unable to use any abilities. Your summoner spells, which includes cleanse, would also be unavailable during a silence or suppression. Notice that you can't flash when a Kassadin q's you?

Now items are different. They are, in fact, items, and not spells or abilities. Thus you can activate items such as QSS during a suppression or silence.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brb afk ftw

Junior Member

03-21-2013

Actually only Flash and Teleport are considered specifically as abilities in that sense.

You could still exhaust, smite, ignite, cleanse, etc during a silence, stun, snare, and knockup (using cleanse during the knockup is pointless admittedly because you won't come down any faster)

For this reason knockups and suppression are pretty much the best CC because the former can't be escaped by anything and the later prevents even summoner spells like smite or exhaust from being used. Both are also not reduced by tenacity.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanadianGuyEh

Senior Member

03-22-2013

You could play Olaf? You get suppressed and just hit R and your like a train and your gone


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dannamoth

QA Analyst

Follow Dannamoth on Twitter

03-22-2013
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
Out of curiosity, why in the world are QSS and cleanse useable when not under the effects of CC? There's absolutely no reason you'd want to prime it before getting CC'd.

Most things that are conditional like this don't work out of the blue if the precedent for using it isn't around (Soraka's starcall and Morg's ult being other examples); don't you think that these two should likely be changed so that they cannot be used except when under some form of CC (or something that QSS can remove)?
You could theoretically want to gain the benefit of 65% reduced duration of CC by using cleanse early (I can't think of a situation you would want to do that).

As for QSS, I'm not sure. It could be a design decision so that you don't just auto spam it during a team fight so it triggers as soon as you're CC'd. This would make it so it's a more intelligent decision than just a "spam the button in team fights".


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExaltedVanguard

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
You could theoretically want to gain the benefit of 65% reduced duration of CC by using cleanse early (I can't think of a situation you would want to do that).

As for QSS, I'm not sure. It could be a design decision so that you don't just auto spam it during a team fight so it triggers as soon as you're CC'd. This would make it so it's a more intelligent decision than just a "spam the button in team fights".
90% of the time, doing that would just mean you waste one of the best actives in the game on on Rylai's slow, or something equally worthless.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOnlyDeity

Senior Member

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
That's correct. The important thing to remember here is that QSS takes an entire gold investment and item slot. A summoner spell "costs" you much less in comparison.
Ah, my bad, got cleanse and QSS mixed up on the malzahar ult part. Thanks for clearing it up.

Very frustrating playing an adc and having to get QSS against these type of champs though >_<


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glaan

Senior Member

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyDeity View Post
Ah, my bad, got cleanse and QSS mixed up on the malzahar ult part. Thanks for clearing it up.

Very frustrating playing an adc and having to get QSS against these type of champs though >_<
I dunno, Mercurial Scimitar is pretty sweet IMO.
even looks pretty cool.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Narcindin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Is Crucible supposed to remove Suppression? I believe it does not.


12