1hr d/l time patch ranked not disbaled why??!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flamewells

03-21-2013

In my games in the last hour on ranked I saw several people in each game disconnect for long periods if not the entire game. I thought they were either rage-quitting or had bad internet suppliers.

It appears not.

As another ranked match is about to start, the game doesn't start. So I reload the client. Upon doing so, I am put into a major download, estimated completion time 1 hour, size ~500MB...

Download seems to be updating pictures, sounds and skins for all champs as well as fonts and other info. Don't know why since I downloaded the latest patch after maintenance earlier in the week.

If there is such a major patch/download going on...WHY isn't Ranked disabled?! Surely it should be. I assure you this is happening to a significant number of players at present who are suddenly kicked from a game starting and forced into this significant download.

I am probably going to get a Leaver result for the game I was barred from joining - one I don't deserve and I'm sure there's a good number of other players who were merely playing Ranked like they normally do and are now going to be penalised for something out of their control.

Riot, if you are going to be fair, investigate this and other matches around this time and don't penalise people from being forced into this bulky download. And disable Ranked matches for the next few hours on NA, please...It's now clear why about 20% of players were suddenly missing in matches today - they were forced into this patch when there should have been notification that there was such a big patch and Ranked matches shouldn't have been available.

Please treat this situation with some respect and common sense.

And in future, if there is such a damn big download/patch that players are supposed to have downloaded - one that somehow was enforced betweem the hour when I logged on, played 2 matches and then got blocked from starting the next one - don't allow people to play Ranked in that time if they're going to be forced into this download. It ruins the game for everyone.

Yours sincerely,

Flamewells

Abeleo

03-21-2013

There is no actual patch. My brother who had to restart at the same time as me(I thought it was our connection so I power cycled the modem) just logged in normally. It was a false patch on your launcher's part.

Flamewells

03-21-2013

I restarted the client 3 times.

It sent me into that false patch every time...

Abeleo

03-21-2013

yeah, you need to download it. but it isn't an actual update for right now as far as I can tell.