A Plea From a Bleeding Summoner from a Hemorrhaging Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Painkillar

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
Kassadin has Painkillar so angry he can't even spell his name right. :P

I'll keep this thread bumped, bro, I have one that is going on four weeks and no response though, so.... I've pretty much lost hope that Riot is going to say anything.
All planned. My anger is so seething i couldn't contemplate of even giving him decency of proper grammar.

Painkillar

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
With all due respect, No.

RiotNome can only solve one, maybe two, of the problems listed. For the rest, it involves other members of Riot. If you could forward this is other members of Riot and have them actually respond back, then yes, we wouldn't need to bump it.

But chances are high that such a thread is going to be moved over the Dominion forum anyways. So, in a way, you will get your wish and stop bumping the bumping of the thread in GD. Just not in the form you would expect.
he was making fun of tamat who said that to another guy before they started killing off dom posts in gd

Stralucire

03-22-2013

How few of us were actually around for that post by Tamat? I feel like we've cycled an entire generation of Dominion players.

Koravel

03-22-2013

I was around. I had to refrain from commenting, because had I posted what I thought, I probably would have been banned.

NamKim

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Painkillar View Post
he was making fun of tamat who said that to another guy before they started killing off dom posts in gd
Yeah, I started playing League of Legends a little after Dominion was first released so I was not aware until someone said this before.

Keep in mind that I my response to him was "tamed" because he I thought he was just a regular player. If I was around when a Rioter said that...I'm surprise that there are still people like you around who still sticked with Dominion since Tamat's post was probably one of the most demoralizing things I've seen.

Balloon Sale

03-23-2013

At least they haven't booted the thread off GD... yet.

I'm not sure when or why they lifted the ban on Dominion threads there. Hopefully it's because they came to their senses. Anyway, this thread is better than most of the other Dominion threads there ("Morello = Lair"), so let's hope it survives as long as possible.

I feel like the more replies and upvotes it gets, the harder it would be for some mod to give it a death sentence by moving it to a different forum. If it can get enough momentum, it might prevent a mod from mindlessly moving it without thinking twice.

Be careful bumping it too much with the same names, though. It needs to be filled with content from the community to be deemed worthwhile, not the same 4 or 5 people saying bump, bump. I don't want them to get pissed at it because they think it's just noise or a spam thread. Also, the 95% of the playerbase who don't care about dominion don't want a thread cluttering up the front page day after day with nothing but bump, bump, bump emptiness. The thread has to continually stay interesting to keep from wearing out its welcome. Just my opinion.

If nothing else, the thread is a success as long as it manages to survive, because it helps advertise the game mode and build the Dominion playerbase. That's a win even if the reds couldn't care less.

NamKim

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloon Sale View Post

I'm not sure when or why they lifted the ban on Dominion threads there. Hopefully it's because they came to their senses. Anyway, this thread is better than most of the other Dominion threads there ("Morello = Lair"), so let's hope it survives as long as possible.

I feel like the more replies and upvotes it gets, the harder it would be for some mod to give it a death sentence by moving it to a different forum. If it can get enough momentum, it might prevent a mod from mindlessly moving it without thinking twice.

Be careful bumping it too much with the same names, though. It needs to be filled with content from the community to be deemed worthwhile, not the same 4 or 5 people saying bump, bump. I don't want them to get pissed at it because they think it's just noise or a spam thread. Also, the 95% of the playerbase who don't care about dominion don't want a thread cluttering up the front page day after day with nothing but bump, bump, bump emptiness. The thread has to continually stay interesting to keep from wearing out its welcome. Just my opinion.

If nothing else, the thread is a success as long as it manages to survive, because it helps advertise the game mode and build the Dominion playerbase. That's a win even if the reds couldn't care less.
By the way, I apologize. I was not aware you were referencing a post made by a Rioter in the past.

As for those threads, I am actually very surprise how much non-Dominion support they have been getting. A lot of people are on the side that "We don't play Dominion and do don't really plan on getting into it. But Riot definitely should be doing something about this and being more open about it." They are supporting a cause that will most likely not affect the most of them. It is just interesting to see that there are a lot of League of Legends players who is willing to back us up even though they will most likely never really get into Dominion.

Between Twisted Treeline and Dominion, well, let's just say that if Riot remains silent, they might as well call themselves "Blizzard."

Eloquid

03-23-2013

Quote:

Additionally, I'm going to need to restrict bumps for this to the Dominion subforum. I know you want them in GD for visibility, but the Dominion subforums are there for a reason pal!
What word in General Discussion you need definition of? Why don't SR post get removed to SR forum from GD?

This is downright discrimination.

Koravel

03-23-2013

Quote:

I don't think they will. Not to hijack Painkillar's thread or anything, but this one has been up for a month: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post34731337

I think that rule was relaxed because they saw how stupid it was.

Hell, I'd suggest more people post their thoughts on GD, if we can get a red to answer just one, that would be awesome.

Timekeeper

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamKim View Post
Between Twisted Treeline and Dominion, well, let's just say that if Riot remains silent, they might as well call themselves "Blizzard."
At this point, I think even Blizz would have responded to something about concerns for Dominion, even if it's just the obligatory "Soon™".