A Plea From a Bleeding Summoner from a Hemorrhaging Mode

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

03-22-2013

You know it's bad when Riot announced that they have re-skinned the ARAM map and are planning to have an actual queue for it, meanwhile Dominion has been left untouched since a few months after it came out.

A Slime Appears

03-22-2013

I dunno why you guys bother. Best case scenario Morello comes in and says "yeah, we've sucked at supporting Dominion" again. Well no **** bro. Not once has he mentioned anything Riot might actually do to change that. Wonder why.

OxBaker

03-22-2013

bump

Wawix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
I dunno why you guys bother. Best case scenario Morello comes in and says "yeah, we've sucked at supporting Dominion" again. Well no **** bro. Not once has he mentioned anything Riot might actually do to change that. Wonder why.
This.

Dominion players are in denial, there won't be any ranked and there are clear reasons for that: there are a lot of broken champs on this map which can't be fixed with nerfs, really bad map mechanics/layout that makes those champs even more op and the most obvious reason of all is that the only guy from Riot doing something for the map has been missing for like a month or so and he plays mostly SR (just take a look at the sticky threads, those have been there for 2+ months).

Some of you gotta chill down, see the mode for what it is: a casual mode for fun. I see a ton of people spamming anti-fun champs in blind queue tryharding super hard to win like it matters at all, instead of having fun (inb4 I HAVE FUN WINNING HURRDURR).
You guys should be thankful that we have the DD tourneys to have at least some competitive play, but even there you can see how the map is poorly designed.

tl;dr: stop wasting your time like this, queue and have fun. Like it should be. You aren't going anywhere playing dominion, its just a mode, not the actual competitive game.

P.S: downvoting me will show how much you guys are in denial uehuheuheue

Painkillar

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawix View Post
This.

Nope since it's wawix, downvoting him makes a shift in the space time continuum, making the opposite of everything he says reality. downvote this heathen my bretherin!

Timekeeper

03-22-2013

Quote:
tl;dr: stop wasting your time like this, queue and have fun. Like it should be. You aren't going anywhere playing dominion, its just a mode, not the actual competitive game.
At this point, it's not about how how champs need to be balanced around maps besides SR. Hell, it's not even about ranked so much. It's about Riot's silence. They're not communicating, which gives the impression that they're telling the Dom community to bend over and grab their ankles because Riot's going in dry. Champ balance issues, map terrain, item balance, respawn mechanics, ranked, Kassawin... where does it end? During the recent thread explosions Riot still hasn't even come out and said "we're aware of the issues the community has and are looking into addressing them". Silence, good sir. A thunderous echoing silence that threatens to deafen us.

I'm simply looking for Riot to acknowledge our frustration and say something about it. Even if that something is "sorry guys, but we're deleting Dominion tomorrow, good luck on the Fields of Justice!", that will still be better than the silence of ignoring the problem.

NamKim

03-22-2013

Quote:
This.

Dominion players are in denial, there won't be any ranked and there are clear reasons for that: there are a lot of broken champs on this map which can't be fixed with nerfs, really bad map mechanics/layout that makes those champs even more op and the most obvious reason of all is that the only guy from Riot doing something for the map has been missing for like a month or so and he plays mostly SR (just take a look at the sticky threads, those have been there for 2+ months).

Some of you gotta chill down, see the mode for what it is: a casual mode for fun. I see a ton of people spamming anti-fun champs in blind queue tryharding super hard to win like it matters at all, instead of having fun (inb4 I HAVE FUN WINNING HURRDURR).
You guys should be thankful that we have the DD tourneys to have at least some competitive play, but even there you can see how the map is poorly designed.

There are more ways for Riot to support Dominion than just implementing Ranked. I have said this many times before, I am not part of the "Give us Ranked Dominion" group. I am part of the "Riot, I understand why we cannot have Dominion ranked. So, hurry up and do everything necessary for us to get ranked. This includes regular balance changes and regular advertisement of Dominion."

If Riot really puts the time and effort into this, the whole process can go relatively quickly. If needed, I'm sure the entire DominateDominion community would make a PBE account just to help Rioters along if Riot are in need of more play-testers.

Koravel

03-22-2013

Kassadin has Painkillar so angry he can't even spell his name right. :P

I'll keep this thread bumped, bro, I have one that is going on four weeks and no response though, so.... I've pretty much lost hope that Riot is going to say anything.

Ikruti

03-22-2013

Not sure why everyone downvoted Balloon Sale, he was parodying a response that Tamat gave to a Dominion thread a while ago. That said I can see people are so upset over this that even a parody can't lighten the mood.

Anyhow, we've made several threads on the topic and if the community is going to rally around this one then I will do my best to help it stay in the eye of the community

It's a good post and I hope one day we'll get a real answer.

NamKim

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikruti View Post
Not sure why everyone downvoted Balloon Sale, he was parodying a response that Tamat gave to a Dominion thread a while ago. That said I can see people are so upset over this that even a parody can't lighten the mood.

Anyhow, we've made several threads on the topic and if the community is going to rally around this one then I will do my best to help it stay in the eye of the community

It's a good post and I hope one day we'll get a real answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamat View Post
Hey Phourc,

I appreciate all the time you've spent creating this thread, and the maintenance that followed. I can't really get into or speculate about any of our plans for Dominion, but I'm going to send this thread off to Brackhar so that it's on his radar!

Additionally, I'm going to need to move this to the Dominion subforum. I know you want it in GD for visibility, but the Dominion subforums are there for a reason pal!
...well now, I feel like a jerk...

My goodness, Riot not only sucks at supporting their alternative game modes but they definitely know the exact thing to say to piss people off even more...

Times like this makes me wonder how Morello still manages to post on the forums. You would think by now he would have been scared off.