how to deal with pantheon at dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wesley Yi

03-21-2013

hes just too STRONK, and dat ult.. so much map presence, id abuse him on the map cause im a dom exclusive player, but i just dont like him.

TheLittlestLulu

03-21-2013

Pants can be easily turned into a kite.

Torkable

03-21-2013

I think pantheon is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills lesser players and doesn't afraid of anything.

Palladine

03-21-2013

I play Pantheon a bit in mid-elo Dominion, and I have the most trouble with:

-> AP burst damage after I jump on someone (since Panth is immobile while using his high-damage ability)
-> CC during Heartseeker Strike, especially knockbacks and stuns
-> Roamers or other high-mobility champs protecting the enemy team's bot laner
-> Garrison on a point that I tried to jump onto
-> Exhaust once the fight has started
-> Lulu. (o_O)

konfetarius

03-21-2013

You don't really deal with Pantheon, you outlast him. Pantheon is a veritable early game god of Dominion. If the teams are equal, he is pretty much going to outperform any AD from the opposing team for a significant portion of the match. Unless your team is overflowing with CC, he is going to get Heartseekers off and they will end lives.

Season 3 changes adjusted this a little (his early game is weaker because armor pen got nerfed; his late game is better because he can scale with Black Cleaver). He also had the bug fixed where he had unlimited stun range with his W if he cast it during his ultimate.

Practically speaking, if you are AD, forget about engaging him unless necessary. Pantheon denies an unreal amount of auto attacks with his passive and stun (I recently got a reminder of that, watched an 90 HP Pantheon kill a 1000 HP Ashe). If you are AP, strongly consider grabbing an extremely early Chain Vest - it should tide you over until Pantheon has Last Whisper. If your team is capable of listening, try to prevent them from clumping up when Pantheon is on the screen - a single well placed Heartseeker is basically Talon in a pocket. If you have hard CC, try to time is so that it hits Pantheon as he does his stun jump - you take less damage from Heartseeker that way than if you wait until after he stuns you and starts channeling.

There is one specific thing you can do to "deal" with Pantheon, though. Most Pantheons don't bother synchronizing their ultimates with their teams when defending/assaulting points. Practically speaking, this means when you see Pantheon R circle, and you don't see any enemies that can get there to help him within 5 seconds, just kill him. Move to the edge of the circle to minimize damage taken from his R, and turn on him as a team. You will kill him before he does any real damage that way. If his team will be able to reinforce him, still try to punish him for jumping - people like Brand and Zyra do a fantastic job of punishing Pantheon for using his ult because they can hit him with most of their combos while running out of range of his stun. Remember, that pantheon stun range is slightly below his R circle indicator radius - generally if you are standing on the edge of the indicator, you are out of range of his stun.

Foxxle

03-22-2013

Get merc threads, then run right through him after he stuns you. All Pantheons act the same predictable way.

konfetarius

03-22-2013

Quote:
Get merc threads, then run right through him after he stuns you. All Pantheons act the same predictable way.
And that, kids, is how you eat Pantheon autos for free because he cancels his E and right clicks you. Don't do this unless you know you are going to kill him (which, practically speaking, you won't early/mid game). Run perpendicularly to the direction of his E.

Xvar Ebonsoul

03-22-2013

Rumble. The little yordle eats Panth for breakfast.