Only problems I have had using Mac Client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liquid Fusion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

I've been using the mac client for a few weeks, and I thought i'd contribute some constructive criticism. The problems i've had are:

1. alt tabbing, or "command tabbing" on loading screen rarely works, seems to be random. on my windows client i can alt tab out of the loading screen whenever i want, and i works flawlessly. However on the mac client most of the time it does nothing.
-On an important note, sometimes attempting to command + tab during the loading screen will temporarily FREEZE it.

2. game crashing after "Victory" or "Defeat". After a game is over and we won or lost the game crashes and i get bug splat after clicking accept. This happens for the majority of my games. This isn't game breaking as the game is already over but can be a bit annoying.

3.LAG. sometimes when my game starts right after the loading screen i notice the clock on the 0:11 or 0:12 mark. This means i missed the first few seconds of game, which are always important.

4. Frame rates. during the first 10 seconds or so of a game my frames are always around 5, which then increases to around 40 (the highest I get).

5. Crash when pinging. This only happened ONE TIME for me. so it is very rare. but when i was pinging the back ping (before new pings were released) my game just crashed

In all, none of these are game breaking bugs for me, i'm able to my games quite fine, just fine tuning these areas could improve the quality of gameplay.

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro8,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

JustinzHereNow

03-21-2013

What version of Mac OS X do you run? I'm running 10.6.8. Probably a little buggy on other versions?

Though I don't have any crashes as my client runs smoothly, the only problem I have is alt tabbing. When you open league of legends, the user client, launcher, and kernel pop up also and its difficult to alt tab between programs and league of legends.

Prince Jackaris

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinzHereNow View Post
What version of Mac OS X do you run? I'm running 10.6.8. Probably a little buggy on other versions?

Though I don't have any crashes as my client runs smoothly, the only problem I have is alt tabbing. When you open league of legends, the user client, launcher, and kernel pop up also and its difficult to alt tab between programs and league of legends.
I don't understand this either and when I right click on the user kernel icon on the dock it says "Application not responding".

What is the go with that Riot?

jumblejunkie

04-02-2013

I have experienced most of what post 1 says. The Alt Tab thing I have to do like 4 or 5 times before it works.

Dataslave

Adjudicator

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapidash78 View Post
I don't understand this either and when I right click on the user kernel icon on the dock it says "Application not responding".

What is the go with that Riot?
UserKernel does some low level stuff, and should never be opened by the user. In fact, it shouldn't even be appearing on the dock. It should just be a hidden background process that automatically closes after LoL does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinzHereNow View Post

Its definitely buggy, and in many cases nonfunctional, on the non-current versions of the 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8.

As to tabbing, I'm not sure there's anything they can do, given how they use a separate program for the launcher and the game. You should only be seeing LoLClient (launcher), and League of Legends (game) in your cmd+tab list. Its obnoxious, to be sure, but you definitely shouldn't have UserKernel in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumblejunkie View Post
I have experienced most of what post 1 says. The Alt Tab thing I have to do like 4 or 5 times before it works.
The cmd+tab functionality doesn't respond during the champion loading screen at all for at least 10 seconds, sometimes two or three times that, depending on your computer. It waits until all the champion portraits are loaded, and percentages show up, and then it responds to cmd+tab.

On the 4-5 times pressing cmd+tab note, it actually seems to keep track of the keypresses you make during that 10-30 second blackout period. So just pressing cmd+tab once, then waiting, will cause it to tab out as soon as its able to.

It is quite annoying, and hopefully it'll get looked at.

Ganinispro

05-27-2014

Command+tab = alt tab