Ranked frustration

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thediddleh

Junior Member

03-21-2013

Been having a decent win streak recently moving towards silver III, at about 81 LP, then i get these two horrible games that drop me down to 50LP, it would be fine if we lost because we got outplayed but no, first game shaco locks in support and calls troll shaco, im hesitant but he says its ok it will be a kill lane. Then proceeds to instantly roam and feed other lanes then disconnects.

Second game jungler disconnects as minions spawn and doesnt come back until 10 minutes then feeds, thing was we could have still won but our alistar was getting so mad that he afk'd on platform until 20 minutes which combined with our jungler being behind cost us the game.

Im really striving to hit gold but it seems like its entirely based on luck.

There should be more serious concquences for trolls or afk's, for example if everyone votes that they were trolling or afk mid game then they get a few days ban or perma ban if they repeat.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Its not based on luck, you are just crying, play more games and it will happen to the enemy team, you just have observational bias


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baxter the Teddy

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thediddleh View Post
Been having a decent win streak recently moving towards silver III, at about 81 LP, then i get these two horrible games that drop me down to 50LP, it would be fine if we lost because we got outplayed but no, first game shaco locks in support and calls troll shaco, im hesitant but he says its ok it will be a kill lane. Then proceeds to instantly roam and feed other lanes then disconnects.

Second game jungler disconnects as minions spawn and doesnt come back until 10 minutes then feeds, thing was we could have still won but our alistar was getting so mad that he afk'd on platform until 20 minutes which combined with our jungler being behind cost us the game.

Im really striving to hit gold but it seems like its entirely based on luck.

There should be more serious concquences for trolls or afk's, for example if everyone votes that they were trolling or afk mid game then they get a few days ban or perma ban if they repeat.
It's not entirely based on luck. Keep playing, always do your best and you'll get there.

On your final point you realize that's literally what happens, right? They get reported, they go to the tribunal. They get a warning, they get a time ban, they get perma-banned.

AFKs who consistently do it get auto banned by the anti-afk system.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hóly

Junior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
Its not based on luck, you are just crying, play more games and it will happen to the enemy team, you just have observational bias
I watched your video and the math works out like I would expect.

Here's the issue I have,

Win games up to promotion - check

Promotion time 3 out of 5 or more of promotion games are spent playing against people that are at least 2 tiers above my team. Lose 3 games, back down to tier1 with some LP. Rinse and repeat. It is the most frustrating thing in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Selcopa

Senior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hly View Post
I watched your video and the math works out like I would expect.

Here's the issue I have,

Win games up to promotion - check

Promotion time 3 out of 5 or more of promotion games are spent playing against people that are at least 2 tiers above my team. Lose 3 games, back down to tier1 with some LP. Rinse and repeat. It is the most frustrating thing in the game.
They aren't spent against people 2 tiers above you, they're at the same level of you(many of them are also in the promotion series as well)

Furthermore while your LP doesn't move during those matches, your MMR/ELO does, so your games aren't 'wasted' just play to win every time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hóly

Junior Member

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
They aren't spent against people 2 tiers above you, they're at the same level of you(many of them are also in the promotion series as well)

Furthermore while your LP doesn't move during those matches, your MMR/ELO does, so your games aren't 'wasted' just play to win every time.
Well if my Bronze 1 promotion makes me play against gold, diamond and platinum ranked during promotion, shouldn't I have been placed at those levels during my placement matches?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

shaddow

Junior Member

03-21-2013

I just lost 19 points because our katarina leaves and then comes back just to agree to a surrender vote? That is BS


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nose McFly

Junior Member

03-21-2013

Its rough, been there. Just hit gold last week finally. all i did was play nothing but MF adc. and i got a 10 game string that basically shot me through my series matches. luck i guess :3


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scoot

Member

03-21-2013

I know that feel. even in a game i just played we had a swain afk because he thought kha zix was doing terribly. then before that i lost 4 in a row because of afkers on my team
it hasn't gotten better...