Splash screen freezes (lol logo) and patcher does not come up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Popaco

03-21-2013

Well, basically the tittle sums it up quite well.. When i click the shortcut to the game the game logo pops up as usual, but after a few secs it apeares inside a black frame (pic related) and it freezes and i have to finish the process rads_user_kernel.exe so the partcher never shows up.

[IMG=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2846/92516251.jpg]********

I tried repairing the client, re installing, deleting thing for the RADS folder as suggested in lots of posts, running as admin, compatibility modes, changing DNS settings..

Im running win 7 32bits, i installed it yesterday and i could not get in the game even once since then, I could perfectly when i was on XP. All my drivers are up to date and i dont experience any hardware related issue running other games. I also installed all possible windows update available and my internet runs as normal as ever.

My sistem specs are
2 Gigs Ram DDR2
Athlon x2 duo 2000mhz
Geforce GT 220 1Gb DDR2

The game runs realy smooth on 1920x1080 with high settings on xp

Thanks from now on to all who try to help me

Popaco

03-21-2013

Quote:
Have you made any modifications to your anti-virus software recently?
Just installed it, i havent toached the default settings. But i dont think its that, i had the exact same when i was on XP

EDIT: By the way, im using ESET Nod 32 Smart Security 6 and I tried disabling it

Popaco

03-21-2013

Bump

Jolxik

03-21-2013

I've also had this problem on the mac client. Happens from time to time, and I can't force quit the launcher. Have to restart the laptop from time to time when it happens.

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

03-21-2013

Open up Nod32 and try and make an exception for League of Legends under it's Firewall settings. It's been a while since I've used the program, so I can't remember off the top of my head where those settings would be. [[Here is]] the guide we've got on fixing your Firewall and League of Legends to play nice with one another.

e: Just saw your edit where you tried disabling your Firewall. Start up a custom game, is your game still crashing after disabling Nod32?

Niasta

03-21-2013

I'm having the same issue and I also re installed my league I have tried restarting my modem and that didnt work Im using Norton for an anti virus and i have league allowed on my fire wall but still it is not loading at all

Orcca

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Wrenchmen

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niasta View Post
I'm having the same issue and I also re installed my league I have tried restarting my modem and that didnt work Im using Norton for an anti virus and i have league allowed on my fire wall but still it is not loading at all
Disable everything on your startup and reboot your computer. You can do that by:

*Hold Windows Key + R
*In the run window type "msconfig"
*Click on the Startup tab
*Disable everything by clicking on "Disable All"

Restart your computer and try again.

Note: this disabled everything your computers automatically starts. Programs like Skype, iTunes services, Anti-Virus programs and other misc programs that will automatically run when your computer comes on. Regardless of whether this works or not, make sure that you go back and check the programs you want running again.

Popaco

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcca View Post
Open up Nod32 and try and make an exception for League of Legends under it's Firewall settings. It's been a while since I've used the program, so I can't remember off the top of my head where those settings would be. [[Here is]] the guide we've got on fixing your Firewall and League of Legends to play nice with one another.

e: Just saw your edit where you tried disabling your Firewall. Start up a custom game, is your game still crashing after disabling Nod32?
I love you man! Nod 32 was controlling my firewall, i just disabled that and let windows handle it and the patcher showed up!
SOLVED! THANKS A LOT GUYS! THIS ISSUE WAS DRIVING ME CRAZY :P
I never thought it was the antivirus fault because i tried disabling all its features and apparently the button "disable protection" is a cruel lie jaja