Beta Version or 12/2/09 version?

Beta Deathfire 4 26.67%
New Deathfire 11 73.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Deathfire Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GreatWeelo

12-06-2009

Deathfire Grasp is a solid item in it's own right. It just fails horribly as an anti-tank item.

baskot

12-06-2009

you can also "reserve" a slot for it by using a pot and then selling it/using it before you buy it.

Dcgreen

12-06-2009

Seems like the general consensus of this thread is that the spell power and cooldown redux are appreciated but the activation is lackluster which is what I started the topic to discuss. If you go to the game database section and look at the items it shows the old deathfire grasp, Ill post the stats here to save you the effort:

+70 Ability Power +30 Magic Resist Passive: On spell cast, you damage each nearby enemy for up to 10% of their current Health.

Components: Blasting Wand(860) Amplifying Tome(435) Null Mantle(400) Combine(600) - 2300g total

So it had more spellpower, it was a bit more defensive, and the passive was, according to this discussion, better. I think it could be easy for riot to incorporate the fiendish codex into the old deathfire since it already has an amplifying tome in the recipe. What do you guys think?

ReclusiveVoa

12-07-2009

Old deathfire passive(or % stacking with ap like new deathfire with lower base); add a 10 second cooldown onto it, and only make it affect enemies it hits, not aoe of champions. Keep the same recipie and order set. Also, is the activateable unique? If I stack 4 deathfires, can I shoot out 4 times, or will 1 put them all on cooldown? (using this as a template for all activateable items, no one would be stupid enough to stack something as meh as deathfire).