The rule against queue dodging in series.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugenormous

03-21-2013

I understand Riot wishes to discourage queue dodging during your playoff series, however there really should be something better in place to stop trolls.

First game in my series and I get 2 people fighting over a lane. Both players state that since they are not getting their way, they are going to feed, take teammates cs, and basically troll the game. This essentially meant that I get an autolose in my first game, no matter how well I or my other teammates play (when you have 2 feeders, that's just too much to overcome).

Reporting them obviously doesn't discourage this behaviour and if I had been able to queue dodge, I could have avoided this quite torturous match.

Instead of allowing endless queue dodge, maybe allow 1 queue dodge in your series then you can't do it anymore. That way at least if you get trolled once you don't get an autoloss...

Plausibly Sane

03-21-2013

I'm for counting it as a loss in your series. But not the auto-knock-out of the entire series for ONE dodge. Especially if your client crashes, windows restarts, or what other random 'murphy's law' event happens. Because riot side, these are all treated the same.

Baxter the Teddy

03-21-2013

Your argument is rather invalid.

You either MIGHT get an auto lose by not dodging and getting the trolls or you GET an auto lose by dodging. Why wouldn't you just play it and maybe get lucky?

Cavo

03-21-2013

I can't remember exactly, Selcopa wrote about this awhile back. It has something to do with dodging not having any effect on your mrr, so if you were to dodge in a promo series you would neither lose LP or mrr. But either way, it comes down to this, if you think you belong at a higher level, you should be able to play your promo series regardless and overcome the obstacles. If you can't, it means one of two things: First, that you got unlucky and if you belong at a higher tier then you will move up soon enough anyways, second, it means you're not actually ready to move up. You might be one of the better players in your current tier which is why you got to the promo series, but you aren;t ready to advance. It's just that simple really.

Kamen Tusam

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
Your argument is rather invalid.

You either MIGHT get an auto lose by not dodging and getting the trolls or you GET an auto lose by dodging. Why wouldn't you just play it and maybe get lucky?

i used that reasoning a lot, lost every single one of those matches due to said troll.
best you can do is do an extremely troll pick yourself and try to get other people to dodge for you.

Cavo

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen Tusam View Post
i used that reasoning a lot, lost every single one of those matches due to said troll.
best you can do is do an extremely troll pick yourself and try to get other people to dodge for you.
And then when no one dodges and you won't dodge because you're in your promo series you end with an even more troll team than you would have and you now have zero chance of winning. I'm starting to get a very clear picture of why you're stuck where you are if your solution is to troll the trolls.

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugenormous View Post
I understand Riot wishes to discourage queue dodging during your playoff series, however there really should be something better in place to stop trolls.

First game in my series and I get 2 people fighting over a lane. Both players state that since they are not getting their way, they are going to feed, take teammates cs, and basically troll the game. This essentially meant that I get an autolose in my first game, no matter how well I or my other teammates play (when you have 2 feeders, that's just too much to overcome).

Reporting them obviously doesn't discourage this behaviour and if I had been able to queue dodge, I could have avoided this quite torturous match.

Instead of allowing endless queue dodge, maybe allow 1 queue dodge in your series then you can't do it anymore. That way at least if you get trolled once you don't get an autoloss...
You have to consider the possibility that they are bluffing to try to bully the other person into submitting to their will. While there are some players who will get mad and just troll, a vast vast majority(I believe RiotLyte says the data is around 95%) truly want to win every game, sometimes they get frustrated in an individual game, but as a whole they don't. And when they do get into the game, they will try to win.

Ive had tons of games where players fight in champ select all day claiming they're gonna troll, you know what happens? We get a double kill bottom, everyone shuts up, and we win the game. You are underestimating how much people want to win, while some players don't care in certain instances, the majority of the time they do.

Kamen Tusam

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavo View Post
And then when no one dodges and you won't dodge because you're in your promo series you end with an even more troll team than you would have and you now have zero chance of winning. I'm starting to get a very clear picture of why you're stuck where you are if your solution is to troll the trolls.
Game is lost either way. you cant defeat the trolls, not with this system.
and your comments dont affect me, the lol player base consist entirelly on people just calling each other noobs without a base.