I just don't get it...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
He's crying because he lost a game. He even accepts that the system isn't broken, he knows it works right he's just whining that he's not winning games. Get over it. Everybody loses games. Everyone gets d/cs. No one cares.

Guess what? you are wrong...at least in terms of how much LP i should be losing/game. I realize I willl lose games..I stink. I realize there are afks and equal chance of them being on the other team. What I am annoyed with is that I lose 24 points and gain 11 and there is no way to even break even, much less get ahead..

Well, Selcopa... It turns out the crazy LP loss and minimal gain is a bug. I got an email from player support after I inquired. Clamping should ONLY occur as you approach the division one promo series. They are aware of the bug. They are working on the bug. So FYI to all who doubt us and think this is all just Q.Q - even Player support acknowledged that losing 24 LP and gaining 11 when you are in Bronze 3 should not be happening. So, yes, the system is broken and they are working on a fix.

bushviper336

03-21-2013

here here!!! im so sick of getting unlucky and getting dc/trollz these past 8 games in a freaking row.......i went from almost promo in bronze 2 to bronze 3 in those 8 games......now im on the verge of dropping yet another if i play one more.........

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprachiasmatic View Post
Guess what? you are wrong...at least in terms of how much LP i should be losing/game. I realize I willl lose games..I stink. I realize there are afks and equal chance of them being on the other team. What I am annoyed with is that I lose 24 points and gain 11 and there is no way to even break even, much less get ahead..

Well, Selcopa... It turns out the crazy LP loss and minimal gain is a bug. I got an email from player support after I inquired. Clamping should ONLY occur as you approach the division one promo series. They are aware of the bug. They are working on the bug. So FYI to all who doubt us and think this is all just Q.Q - even Player support acknowledged that losing 24 LP and gaining 11 when you are in Bronze 3 should not be happening. So, yes, the system is broken and they are working on a fix.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLoK6rCBcF0

As far as your support ticket. I work at a restaurant, what this sounds to me is when a customer asks me to go get their waitress for something, and I tell them "okay ill get right on that" and continue to do whatever im doing, knowing that system in place will take care of whatever they needed and I don't need to personally go solve the problem.

suprachiasmatic

03-22-2013

I really dont understand why you are such a cheerleader for a system that is so clearly broken, Selcopa. Please explain why you can not seem to see the forest for the trees..In my case, I was dropped from bronze 1 to bronze 3 in the course of a few games, some of which I actually won. I lose 24 LP and gain 11 and am no where near a promotion series..honestly..why are you cheering for that? Does it make you feel good? I just don't get it.

Selcopa

03-22-2013

Because you hagent shown anythng to suggest you even belong at bronze 1 ever in the first place. Is it possible you were lucky to get to bronze 1 in the first place?

suprachiasmatic

03-22-2013

Selcopa..enough with the straw man argument. You know very well I never said I don't belong where I am. What I said was it is impossible to ever get ahead - and I backed it up in many postings around the forums...and Player Support says its a bug..

And, to your point about luck...that is exactly the point. You see, Selcopa, if I had won one more game in my placement matches, I would have been placed in Silver 5 and I wouldn't be able to drop to Bronze, all because I "got lucky" in my placement matches..You cant say its skill on one hand and luck on the other. Some people were carried to gold. Heck, some people elo boosted to platinum ..is that fair? If someone is gold 5 or Plat 5 or Diamond 5 - maybe they don't deserve to be where they are...but they are where they are..maybe they just got lucky. You see my point here at all?

I have been playing since november. I made level 30 shortly before Season 3. I did my placement matches like a month ago. I know who I am. I know where I am. I have no doubt I am a Bronze-level player. Thats your straw man argument..or red herring..or [insert fallacy here] to detract from the real question: Why are you such a cheerleader for a broken system? Does it make you feel good?

Think about it.

Baxter the Teddy

03-22-2013

Wasn't the video explaining how the system worked posted?

You wanna get ahead, win. The more you win the higher your MMR, the more points you get for wins, than you will progress.

Moral of the story, win more games than you lose, you'll advance.

Cavo

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprachiasmatic View Post
I really dont understand why you are such a cheerleader for a system that is so clearly broken, Selcopa. Please explain why you can not seem to see the forest for the trees..In my case, I was dropped from bronze 1 to bronze 3 in the course of a few games, some of which I actually won. I lose 24 LP and gain 11 and am no where near a promotion series..honestly..why are you cheering for that? Does it make you feel good? I just don't get it.
You lose a ton and win very little because the system recognizes you as being an atrocious player and wants to keep you as far down as possible so you don't screw over the better bronze players. That's how the system works. He's cheering for it because it works, I'm cheering for it because it works, you're *****ing about it because it works.

suprachiasmatic

03-22-2013

cavo..my dear, dear cavo..you argue in fallacies..

when oh when did i ever claim to be good? oh my goodness..i have a 40% win..Yeah..I know. And what, pray tell, was your win rate after playing ranked for all of one month..Again..I began playing LoL in November. How great am I supposed to be?

As you glance around the forums, you will see I have said I stink many times..I have said I am trying to get better. I know I need to work on mechanics, etc..

So, I see I got under your skin..for that I truly apologize..but if you are going to do this type of PR work, you need thicker skin...because some people (like me) are going to call you out when you try to change the subject.

Cavo

03-22-2013

You have gotten under my skin, grown men who whine and cry about how they aren't rewarded enough for doing nothing remind me of welfare. What a waste.

You can say that you suck all you want, it's good that you recognize that, but you're still asking for handouts. If you know you suck as much as you do, why is everything you post on the forums about how unfair the LP system is? Name one portion of the LP system that is unfair. You lose more points than you win. That's unfair? No. That's what you've earned. So until you have something to say other than "I'm a complete **** player but I still think I deserve to be rewarded more for accomplishing nothing," you can call me out whenever you want, but you're still a grown man whining about how unfairly he's treated.