I just don't get it...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadow Evelynn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

I sadly lose a ranked game. Our bot both D/Cs and of course we get stomped fighting a 3v5. I then lost 21 LP. Where's the justice? I win crazy good games, I get 15 LP. I lose stupid troll games and lose 20+ LP. This league system is designed to keep you where you are. This is more so a rant and I just frustrated at this new ranking system. The old one was so much better. I finally hit gold! But the new league system came out and put me in Silver 1. I just went horribly bad from there. After several months, I'm at silver 3.

I understand all about the ELO/MMR and there invis stats but I'm just so annoyed that I win 4, lose 2 to lose all my progress. :\

Just a vent thread, sorry

Selcopa

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

i hear you..if i lose a game i lose 24 points. a win gets me approx 11 points. ive heard (read) a lot of folks who try to justify these bad situations by saying there is one troll/dc/rq/afk per game and that everyone has a 50/50 chance of ending up on the unlucky team. Well, ok..and if i received or lost an equal amount of lp per game won/lost, that would make the argument make sense. I mean, sure, if every time i won i received the exact same amount of lp that i received every time i lost, and i had a 50/50 chance of the above bad stuff occurring..and if every time the bad stuff occurred my team lost, then over time i would be in the exact same position - not advancing at all and not falling at all. But the way it is currently, if i have 75 lp and play 7 games, win four and lose three, i am left with 41 lp. if i received/lost an arbitrary amount of points - lets say 10 lp per game - i would end up 85 lp after winning four and losing three...that is a truer reflection my past 7 ranked games, you know?

Now, I don't claim to be a math wiz or anything..and I certainly dont claim to be a great player who is in Bronze by no fault of my own..I already know I stink and need to work on mechanics et al. But, truly, if there is a 50/50 chance of bad luck and I and my fellow Bronze mates are simply not skilled enough to win a game when someone on my team afks, how in heavens name does one ever break even - because a person certainly cant get ahead under these circumstances.

Shadow Evelynn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Exactly how I feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprachiasmatic View Post
i hear you..if i lose a game i lose 24 points. a win gets me approx 11 points. ive heard (read) a lot of folks who try to justify these bad situations by saying there is one troll/dc/rq/afk per game and that everyone has a 50/50 chance of ending up on the unlucky team. Well, ok..and if i received or lost an equal amount of lp per game won/lost, that would make the argument make sense. I mean, sure, if every time i won i received the exact same amount of lp that i received every time i lost, and i had a 50/50 chance of the above bad stuff occurring..and if every time the bad stuff occurred my team lost, then over time i would be in the exact same position - not advancing at all and not falling at all. But the way it is currently, if i have 75 lp and play 7 games, win four and lose three, i am left with 41 lp. if i received/lost an arbitrary amount of points - lets say 10 lp per game - i would end up 85 lp after winning four and losing three...that is a truer reflection my past 7 ranked games, you know?

Now, I don't claim to be a math wiz or anything..and I certainly dont claim to be a great player who is in Bronze by no fault of my own..I already know I stink and need to work on mechanics et al. But, truly, if there is a 50/50 chance of bad luck and I and my fellow Bronze mates are simply not skilled enough to win a game when someone on my team afks, how in heavens name does one ever break even - because a person certainly cant get ahead under these circumstances.
Yeah I understand, and I usually don't complain losing 20ish LP when it was a 5v5, but I lost 21 IP for a 3v5. It's just really annoying to lose so much. I know riot can't really do anything about it because then there will be a lot of "disconnections" I just didn't enjoy losing a game we would have won. They had a troll team and we were stomping until bot left.

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

Selcopa, the tear photo..really, what the heck? What is it that makes folks like you want to take the time out of your busy day to mock the rather large and ever growing consensus that something is seriously wrong with a system that is based on an elusive (hidden) number? What happened to transparency? If its such a great system, then show us how its so great by bringing the hidden MMR out of hiding. Let us inspect it in the light of day and see if it has merit.

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

I accidentally downvoted you datgreen ranger..i meant to downvote the tears pic above..sorry about that.

A Nearby Shrub

03-21-2013

dont cry, ive lost my past 8 games in a row, i probably will only game 2 lp when i start getting people who dont go 0-10 again

Shadow Evelynn

03-21-2013

Quote:
I accidentally downvoted you datgreen ranger..i meant to downvote the tears pic above..sorry about that.
D; It's k.

Baxter the Teddy

03-21-2013

But you didn't lose all your progress, if you really understand MMR!

If you won more games than you lost, despite whatever your LP said you still netted more MMR than you lost. Keep doing that and you'll start winning more than you lose!

Remember, if you're winning you are progressing. Ignore your LP and just keep winning!

The system continues to not be broken. It's simply not a quick reward system that people want. And it got rid of ladder anxiety. Thank you for that Riot.

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Selcopa, the tear photo..really, what the heck? What is it that makes folks like you want to take the time out of your busy day to mock the rather large and ever growing consensus that something is seriously wrong with a system that is based on an elusive (hidden) number? What happened to transparency? If its such a great system, then show us how its so great by bringing the hidden MMR out of hiding. Let us inspect it in the light of day and see if it has merit.
He's crying because he lost a game. He even accepts that the system isn't broken, he knows it works right he's just whining that he's not winning games. Get over it. Everybody loses games. Everyone gets d/cs. No one cares.