Hmm bot died, better go hold the point

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lbgsloan

03-21-2013

I've seen people take it step further and refuse to use their revive so the point gets capped, then when a couple people come to take it back they revive and run top. I don't normally like to run cheese picks, but if I'm forced to bot at champ select I will pick a 'no fun allowed' tier bot like Malz or Nunu. Or if my top looks like a failtrain express, I will go for Viktory instead.

I said a year ago the map needed a change because everyone hated bot, but the pros said it was fine. It isn't, it is the exact opposite of why people queue for Dominion and I seriously believe it is hurting the fun factor (and incentive for new Dominion players to stay) of the mode at this point. ARAM doesn't have a 'sucker' slot, and neither should Dominion.

Volandum

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0shi View Post
This is sometimes a legitimate choice if there is high pressure going on top when you spawn, like a fight breaking out in the jungle or the last points ticking down...
And is more often a completely annoying thing to happen to you.
I do this a few times as either a mobile or long ranged bot, as I normally pick high scaling bots I can sometimes respawn and clean up situations top before I return to lane.

BeefJerkyHunter

03-21-2013

All you people hating on bottom lane...
Quit avoiding it like the plague and flippin' deal with it!

STANKSTORM DELTA

03-21-2013

In addition to OP: Does not communicate to team entire match, disregards messages and pings to come back to bot lane.

That feel, bro. : (

KaWraith

03-21-2013

As a primarily bot laner for most of my dominion time: this is not a bad strategy if you have revive up and there is a fight top you can go and crush for your team up top.

Obviously you need to go back bot after tho.

I doubt this is what actually happened.

phyerbert

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
hmmm, i like to bot lane at low elo becus eof two reasons.
1. Enemy team usually sends palceholders bot, anything from Varus bot lane to Ad taric bot lane to one of the Ops but theya re usually placeholders
2. No One comes..like ever.. No one sof youa r epalying something like Urgot against a placeholder pick, there's nothing that will save that poor soul from the evil things you are goign to do to him/her.

i actually don't liketo bot lane when i duo que with a +50 wins friend because i ge tplaced at mid elo Dominion and bot lane becomes hell for the reasons stated previously in the thread..
Bot lane gank party! >_<
Amen to this! I love Bot lane.

Sazdek

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDru View Post
omgfixed

Seriously. There's like 10 people who enjoy bot in this entire playerbase.
I enjoy the **** out of bot actually and I don't know why everyone hates it so much. Want to rack up a ton of kills and points as a bot laner? Play a super aggressive with a tankier build like panth or riven or hurrgot. Hell you can still go glass cannon Talon and do reasonably fine. I think bot is one of those lanes people have bad experiences with and never want to do again. I see bot as an opportunity to be the biggest pain in the ass possible for the other team.

Balloon Sale

03-21-2013

Hey no fair! You got to be bot lane last time! It's my turn!

j/k lol

Foxxle

03-22-2013

Riot should take out the bot lane so we can all go top and have fun together.

Bot = Jungle role of Dominion.

hotfire

03-22-2013

Get ganked at bot, someone covers. You respawn and start moving to bot, but they linger. Windmill starts getting contested. grrr it's just as frustrating