Stay on point!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MDCityKILLER

03-20-2013

I am currently a low level account and this is starting to become my favorite game type. I do not get angry easily but this makes me so mad. The fact that people RUSH off of a newly captured turret when we have 3 points to go get a 4th and then die in a fight because there team is coming back. Also the fact that people go back to base after capturing a point when they are full health just to shop. This is NOT a rage post I'm just curious as to if the entire community is like this or could this just be a low level issue.

Cless

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

It is the entry/low level issue. As you climb up higher the hidden ELO ladder, teammates play smarter and not rush into a 4th point and know better times to go back to shop.

Stralucire

03-20-2013

I can vouch for this. Haven't even hit 30 yet, with a half-assed decent Elo, and already I see no one play so brazenly bad.

I think a lot of this behavior, given your situation, comes from new players who have hopped into PvP after learning how to play from the vsBots games. You can get away with absolutely anything against the bots, and it develops a lot of habits that carry over to players' initial PvP competency.

MDCityKILLER

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stralucire View Post
I can vouch for this. Haven't even hit 30 yet, with a half-assed decent Elo, and already I see no one play so brazenly bad.

I think a lot of this behavior, given your situation, comes from new players who have hopped into PvP after learning how to play from the vsBots games. You can get away with absolutely anything against the bots, and it develops a lot of habits that carry over to players' initial PvP competency.
i sure hope thats the only issue....

Ikruti

03-20-2013

I want to also point out something, rushing the 4th point for no reason is bad play but not sitting on the 3rd point is not bad play.

One thing I see a lot is people who pull out their tents and campfires and assume that once you have windmill, it's time to setup shop and not budge.

They forget that jungle control is critical to map control.

Duelpower

03-20-2013

What you want to do is send your fullest members to the speed shrine bushes or the storm brush bushes and try to catch someone out. It also aids you in responding to bot lane ganks (which is common after the enemy loses top) by giving you the speed boost to get down quicker from top lane.

Have the people that backed meet up on the way and force an objective. (Unless they all have revives up and blow them in anger, then you want to stay around your point)