Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ranked is so disheartening.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viga Upgrayedd

03-20-2013

I was at 0 LP in silver D5 I won got 14 LP, won got 13 LP, won got 12 LP(on the last win I was duo with a friend in same D5 silver he got 26 LP) now I lost and lost 21 LP. So after 3/1 I have gained a total of 18LP in silver D5... Makes sense to me.

If this is a result of my MMR being low why can't I see my MMR. Seriously riot something needs to be done.

Irish Red Cap

03-20-2013

The system is kinda... annoying. Especially when it comes to silver league. A lot of people will tell you to just get better but you've played 500+ games this season according to lolking so I'm sure you might have some faults you can work on but beyond that you have a grasp of the game.

I don't think it's a result of your MMR being low. At least with lolking stats that I can see you had a dead even 50% win/loss ratio. I'd say your MMR is actually probably dead on. If not faltering slightly. Not much to say except play and hope for hotstreaks. I got lucky, and yes I say lucky, to get from silver tier up to gold tier.

It was annoying, it was a grind, but despite what some of these intelligent people who think they know all of riots understanding can't spout enough facts to change my point of view when I say silver league was a completely **** fest compared to gold. The statistical odds of getting a troll/afk/dc/harasser in silver was probably 65%+ a game. Gold I've only seen 2 true afk/trolls players since I got into the tier.

Cavo

03-20-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLoK6rCBcF0

Thelohel

03-20-2013

No his mmr is probably low. You can't fall from silver v to bronze so instead you simply face lower rated opponents. You've hit your equilibrium, but your rating can't fall to where it belongs so you lose out on any meaningful progress tracking.

Basically, if you were in bronze progression would be normal but since you can't fall there you get stalled out in silver V.

LARG3L3R0Y

03-21-2013

That's why it's broken. Either drop us or don't do that. . . I got trolled on a 18 game losing streak. I'll admit I didn't play great every game, but I was pretty good on at least 15 of those games. Instead I had feeders and leavers and I got stuck on Silver 5 and 0LP for about 10 losses. Now I only get about 10-15LP every game and lose 25 and as high as 35 once. I have to win about 3/4 games to slowly progress. I went on a 5 game winning streak, lost one and lost all my LP. That's why it's broken

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
LARG3L3R0Y:
That's why it's broken. Either drop us or don't do that. . . I got trolled on a 18 game losing streak. I'll admit I didn't play great every game, but I was pretty good on at least 15 of those games. Instead I had feeders and leavers and I got stuck on Silver 5 and 0LP for about 10 losses. Now I only get about 10-15LP every game and lose 25 and as high as 35 once. I have to win about 3/4 games to slowly progress. I went on a 5 game winning streak, lost one and lost all my LP. That's why it's broken

When players had the ability to fall from Silver to bronze(or any other tiers) it created Ladder Anxiety, people didn't want to play and lose their earned ladder rank, so they would hit an achievement and stop playing ranked. The new system allows people to continue to play ranked, being matched with opponents of similar skill level, without losing their achievements(earning silver for example)

It sucks that you went on a bad losing streak, however if you climb back through it, and continue to win over 50% of your matches from here out, you'll start to gain more LP for your wins than your losses, once you are playing higher caliber players your matches will be worth more. But for now be comfortable that you reached an achievement and they didn't take it away when you dropped back down.

It's also for this reason why its more difficult to break into a new tier,.

Viga Upgrayedd

03-21-2013

I would assume my MMR got trashed, I got quite a few leavers and didnt play my best for a few games. It was actually right when I got MY promo series to silver 4(i was 6-7 games above 50% then) then fell all the way to 0 after a losing streak. But I believe, if my MMR is affecting my LP gains so much I need to be able to see what it is otherwise you just get depressed and want to stop playing ranked as much as ladder anxiety ever did.

Viga Upgrayedd

03-21-2013

I have also noticed that people on a hot streak start gaining less LP much faster than you start losing less LP from losing streaks. Why does the system assume you on a winning streak is lucky while you on a losing streak is bad.

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Viga Upgrayedd:
I have also noticed that people on a hot streak start gaining less LP much faster than you start losing less LP from losing streaks. Why does the system assume you on a winning streak is lucky while you on a losing streak is bad.

Your observation is wrong.

MMR outpaces LP on streaks, because of this, you will gain more LP on streaks(or lose) because of the inflated MMR