Normals or Ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yclept Nano

03-20-2013

Hey guys. I'm new to the forums but not to league. I need some opinions on whether or not to play ranked or not. I'm on thin ice because I'm in Bronze 1 and I've won 2 games for 26 points but lost one and now only have 9 points.

So hears the question. I'm "good" anywhere but I excel at select top champions. To be exact: Fiora, Tryndamere, Hecarim, Elise, and Akali. But there are a few champions that I am still working on. Should I stay in normals and work on the other ones or compete in ranked and work on them there?

Thanks!

Selcopa

03-20-2013

Play ranked if you want. Don't be afraid of getting demoted, it happens sometimes, just play your best every game.

If you want to practice other roles that you aren't comfortable with, normal are a great way to practice without risking your division standing, but playing ranked or normal is perfectly acceptable.

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

I was in Bronze one and I hovered at around 57 lp for a while, then a string of terrible luck sent me to Bronze three in one day. Pretty sure the system wants me lower, though, because when I lose a game, I lose 24 LP and when I win, only gain 11 LP..so... yeah, I am afraid of ranked - and it takes a lot of courage for me to play ranked games these days.