@Riot, Preference System (solution to champion select dilemma)

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sentient23

Senior Member

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by akorshikai View Post
While you sir have a few valid points let me point out what i agree with and what i disagree with. Either way i appreciate your input

You seem to look at it as a 1 game basis " if you prefer mid and no one else you've been grouped with declared preferences, they could ALL want mid too." while this in itself is true. Though current trends will show. This does not happen 100 % of games you are in

Take 100 games maybe 70 of them you still have role discrepancies. but maybe the 30 of them you don't because of the preference system. Now that's a chance that it will filter out 30 games you could have potentially fought with teammates and causes a lost because of it.

On to the issue of multi role calling. " i prefer top and mid" yes you could still get the games where you have role discrepancies because of multiple people wanting two roles. say 3 people want MID or TOP there are still going to be multiple people who want the same role. but that's no different than how it is now. the difference is the other 50 % of the time that this doesn't happen because the system is designed to pick people that are compatible to play with each other

To your point about bang for buck. while yes i am not going to argue you are right it would benefit riot more FINANCIALLY to make a new skin or champion. we all know that's not what riot is only concerned with. YES they are a business and if needs to be worth it to them. but riot has shown s before they care about the community and its ideas. lets just say that this thread got large and became a poll and most all summoners would rather have this than not have it. riot might just implement this.

i challenge and person to point out if they would not want this if you had the option of this is in the game or its not and you and other people can chose it or not. i don't know any player who would rather have it not in the game at all.
i would rather not have it in the game at all. the meta will always change. there are always ways to beat the meta. if i want to run a kill lane bot how do i queue up for that? if riot were to implement something like this then it would condemn league to never change again and players would be forever stuck in the current 'meta'. it is not riot's job (or desire) to enforce the current playstyle upon players. and tbh, what makes a support champion a support? is nidalee a support because she can heal? is kayle a support because she can heal? before the last few big tournaments everyone thought kayle was a support. is a support champion someone with a shield? a buff?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

Senior Member

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentient23 View Post
i would rather not have it in the game at all. the meta will always change. there are always ways to beat the meta. if i want to run a kill lane bot how do i queue up for that? if riot were to implement something like this then it would condemn league to never change again and players would be forever stuck in the current 'meta'. it is not riot's job (or desire) to enforce the current playstyle upon players. and tbh, what makes a support champion a support? is nidalee a support because she can heal? is kayle a support because she can heal? before the last few big tournaments everyone thought kayle was a support. is a support champion someone with a shield? a buff?
so you didn't seem to have read this thread at all did you... if you did you will specifically remember me saying " this is in no way a que for role system" to run a kill lane bot you simply get in the game and say i want to run kill lane bot ( EXACTLY THE SAME AS NOW)

also i have said it is completely optional to use i.e if you don't have to set it up ever at all or before a match or anything. You could leave it untouched and not ever see the difference. and there are always ways to beat the meta and change it this doesn't stop that. all this system does is says for what the meta is right now what do you like playing. most people decide that on their own.

i challenge you to find a ranked player that truly wants to raise divisions. that would rather fight with his team mates in champion select over roles than not fight. there isn't one. and this is all that this system does.

it doesn't say hey you have to play traditional meta. you can choose not to play meta just like now. this doesn't que you into a role. all it does is attempts to find players that would be suited to accompany you in your game than players who wouldn't.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

Senior Member

03-25-2013

Lets get some new fresh ideas in here guys.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

Senior Member

03-27-2013

everyone never replies after i reply to them :c does this mean i win ^,^?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Druthox

Member

03-27-2013

Couldn't agree more.
I always start a queue saying: "Prefer top", and that because I prefer to play at top, top is what I'm best at, top is my life and top is what I like doing.

If I'm last pick and have to play ADC even though I'm a bad ADC, I can't play ADC, I hate being the ADC and I'm simply not used to it, sorry, but I'll feed, not intentionally, I'm just bad in this role that was left to me!..

I really want riot to try something like this preference system...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kishkumun

Junior Member

03-27-2013

Why don't you just have a check box that you can click once you get in. If you get there first, select the "Top" box. Or "mid", "adc" etc.. No one can argue you got there first.. The problem is that everyone sees on their screen that they called (for example) "mid" first. It's simple and can be changed right there in chat if someone wants to switch. This requires no extensive programming like some of the other ideas.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dead robit

Senior Member

03-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Druthox View Post
Couldn't agree more.
I always start a queue saying: "Prefer top", and that because I prefer to play at top, top is what I'm best at, top is my life and top is what I like doing.

If I'm last pick and have to play ADC even though I'm a bad ADC, I can't play ADC, I hate being the ADC and I'm simply not used to it, sorry, but I'll feed, not intentionally, I'm just bad in this role that was left to me!..

I really want riot to try something like this preference system...

It really has no negative. I mean sure it doesn't entirely 100 % fix role discrepancies. But id take as many games as i can get with less people fighting over roles, and because its not a system you use to find games its just set and the system finds players that are highly compatible to play with you it works to every players benefit even the ones not using it.

Thanks for input tho man. I know i prefer not to play support. i will fill any role if i'm last pick but support is definitely my worst everyone has a worst role. and if you were matched accordingly to be less likely to receive that i mean who would not want that


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

loadingcommunism

Junior Member

04-09-2013

So i have a few questions. is the system you proposed going to operate outside of the current matchmaking or inside as in will it function with the system or after the current engine. the only way i see this working is what i think you described as in matchmaking seeks players normally. but if there are multiple choices say its looking for a 1400 elo player and it finds 3 it picks the best one suited to the other players preferences. and if there isn't a best suited one it operates as normal?

if thats how your envisioned system works id love to see this implemented. i hate fighting over role calling. it separates teammates instead of encouraging teamwork in champion select. we need to break that and i think this could help.

also as a side note idk if this suggestion is any good. but in your " preference tab" would it be possible to like maybe set other possible preferences say/ high aggression or passive team mates. maybe even high communication or other things under that type of category in the preference tab


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shukarhazh

Senior Member

04-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzanryu View Post
Lets just shorten this WHOOLE system
And just have support as a REQUIREMENT. IE when all other lanes have been picked, if there is no support champ, the last guy only gets to choose from supports. It would suck, but hey, that last guy is usually a dumb-a anyways and wants to go double adc bot (screwing bottom over essentially because he wants half the CS too) because he doesn't like supporting, meanwhile other people actually conform to roles when they see a deficit on their team, so screw their opinions, it's what they get.
What if I wanna Xin/Wukong bot for EPIC CONSTANT KILLING!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, the meta's shifting away from requiring an ADC. Going double-bruiser botlane gives that much more killing power to win the game quickly. A Thresh/Blitz + Xin Zhao lane is enough CC to kill anyone who gets hooked early on, and someone like Master Yi can poke at range with Alpha Strike without losing farm. (Ravenous Hydra is also far more powerful than its Runaan's Hurricane counterpart.) Your suggestion is miserably bad because it screws over innovation. And innovation is in progress.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

loadingcommunism

Junior Member

04-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shukarhazh View Post
What if I wanna Xin/Wukong bot for EPIC CONSTANT KILLING!!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, the meta's shifting away from requiring an ADC. Going double-bruiser botlane gives that much more killing power to win the game quickly. A Thresh/Blitz + Xin Zhao lane is enough CC to kill anyone who gets hooked early on, and someone like Master Yi can poke at range with Alpha Strike without losing farm. (Ravenous Hydra is also far more powerful than its Runaan's Hurricane counterpart.) Your suggestion is miserably bad because it screws over innovation. And innovation is in progress.
yea i agree the meta is shifting to not require an adc as much. but however. that guy was something completely different than the maker of the threat was posting. he in no way wanted a que as role system or certain role requirements his original idea i think is still viable. if performed right.


123