Starting with Akali's passive?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Expectation

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

It seems many players buy AD quintessences (along with doran's blade) just to trigger Akali's spell vamp passive. Is her starting 10% spell vamp really that effective?
Akali's damage output is not all that great during the early laning period; to me, it seems more effective to buy ap/level runes and magic pen runes, and start off with a regrowth pendant for longer lane presence. Would the healing properties of her spell vamp be more effective than a regrowth pendant?
Give me your thoughts~

Cenerae

11-07-2010

The spell vamp combined with the lifesteal you get from the blade add up to more than you would expect. While you're only leeching small amounts, if you use your Q to lasthit a lot (as you will be doing in the lane), that's an extra what, 5 hp per hit, and 5 more if you trigger it? At rank 1. Add in the 2-3 hp you leech on an autoattack. More importantly, the spell vamp triggers on her E.

And of course, you get the higher starting hp. None of this is offered by a regrowth pendant.

Vasril

11-07-2010

It's not great, but it's something. And if you're jungling the vamp is amazing. I can start a lane at about 720 health with her with the blade as well, also very helpful. But it doesn't really make or break her lane phase, just helps a bit. If you know you're going to be with an aggressive lane mate, a tome would make your mark hit more.

Anyways, do whatever you like, vamp isn't supposed to sustain you unless you're a late-game super carry. It's just something extra and It's great if you can avoid most harassment.