Why start a new division at 0LP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeithGotBanned

03-20-2013

I mean, let's look at this way

Silver II to Silver I.

By the start of my promo series I'm at 100LP Silver II.

Let's suppose I win my 2 best of 3 matches and I get 10 LP from each.

Shouldn't I be supposed to start at 20LP Silver I at least?

I mean, if I lose promo series I get back to 60~80LP, but if I win I get to 0LP?

:|

SkeithGotBanned

03-20-2013

^

SkeithGotBanned

03-20-2013

Someone tell me why this would be bad pls

Zionova

03-20-2013

I agree, if I can lose LP during placement matches why would I then be able to gain LP for winning? Only makes sense.

Cloak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

You know what. This is an absolute great fix. Reason why I like this? When I get to a new division, and I am sitting on 0 points, I don't know if or when a loss will drop me. If they added points to promotion matches, and say I had 20, I could tell when I'd be dropping back down because it's physically there. Good idea. Bump and an upvote.

ScarPirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

bump

MrGrimm999

The Council

03-20-2013

This is already accounted for as your MMR is going up with those wins. Your MMR will be above your rank and the system will give you more LP per win and you will lose less LP per loss. Meaning you will get free LP for having a 50/50 win/loss ratio, it just doesn't happen right away.

Gnawty

03-20-2013

There is a 3-5 game window from when you move up a division where losses will not get you demoted.What you are proposing is simply a visual aid to sort of relive anxiety for those who don't know you cannot be demoted for losing your first game in a new division

shroooooomed

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGrimm999 View Post
This is already accounted for as your MMR is going up with those wins. Your MMR will be above your rank and the system will give you more LP per win and you will lose less LP per loss. Meaning you will get free LP for having a 50/50 win/loss ratio, it just doesn't happen right away.
seems retarded.. the only thing we get to see is LP which is rarely accurate in showing what your MMR things you are.

SkeithGotBanned

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnawty View Post
There is a 3-5 game window from when you move up a division where losses will not get you demoted.What you are proposing is simply a visual aid to sort of relive anxiety for those who don't know you cannot be demoted for losing your first game in a new division
Grimm ^

We want a visual aid. The system needs to be more explicit and until they correctly inform the players about how the system works I'll assume there is no MMR system.

And informing isn't enough. We want some visible application of the MMR system.