Got placed in silver...means nothing.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arikron

03-20-2013

Because everyone in the ranked game I just played was Bronze DII...my team, and theirs.

So I'm silver playing with bronzies. I don't care that they are bronze, but I care that I'm not playing with silvers.

BROKEN SYSTEM CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP

Cavo

03-20-2013

Learn how the system works before making dumb rage posts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLoK6rCBcF0

Arikron

03-20-2013

I'm very aware how the system works, I'm saying it's broken.

Thelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Either their mmrs were higher for where they are placed, or yours is low. The system works fine.

Arikron

03-20-2013

I would have to disagree with that.

I've played competitive sports all my life.

If I play for a division II school, and we have a division III school on our roster...we start licking our chops.

I just want to play with my same division is all.

Cavo

03-20-2013

So basically, your going up against bronze players because your mmr is lower than the average silver V player, and Riot doesn't want them to start licking their chops just because you're in their game. Sounds like Riot's doing you a favor.

Arikron

03-20-2013

The last game I played, everyone was silver, except their Cho top, who was bronze. It was the most awesome game I've ever played. Every lane was trading equally well. Epic dragon fights, two great baron fights. But, it wasn't really a game because their top just got slaughtered.

I don't feel good about the win because had they had a similar skill top it would have been very, very different.

Selcopa

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikron View Post
I'm very aware how the system works, I'm saying it's broken.
System is not broken, elo system does a fantastic job of matching people of similar skill level.

Matches are frequently one sided not because of broken matchmaking, but the many different facets of skill and situations that need to be dealt with, and if you aren't prepared for them, you will get destroyed, even if in general you are much higher skilled than your performance that game.

Combined with how snowbally this game can be, its very easy for games to get out of control with similar skilled players.

In your cho gath case, its entirely possible the player is an excellent mid or different role, or even good with cho gath but not good against the opponent he was facing, and because of this contributed to the loss, not because of broken matchmaking

Arikron

03-20-2013

Cho was decent in lane. Close to even CS and a death or two, with a few kills. The problems started at Baron.

Cho was coming down from top as they engaged baron. I'm sure they were pinging it but I guess he went top to farm or something. Nonetheless, our mid gets blue and our entire team proceeds to Baron. We enter the river and see Cho, who is probably a Janna Q away from 5 people who have clearly split him from his team, and he doesn't even break stride...like we aren't even there. We insta kill and proceed to Baron.

Imagine face checking the brush...without the brush. Maybe lag? No one from either team mentioned any all game...

My point is, someone who has made it to silver, in my opinion, understands when they are split from the team. He wasn't trolling, if either team wanted to win, all they had to do was make the better decisions. He was having an even trade game, but, made that decision at Baron for GG.

Therefore, I believe had that been ANYONE in the silver division (who wasn't trolling) they would have made a different decision and would have significantly changed the outcome of the game. I guess I'll have more opportunities to test this as I progress higher into silver.

This Cho wasn't even on my team. My competitive mindset is just screaming at me that bronze with silvers, silvers with golds and so on is just....wrong....broken.

I guess ranked teams is what I'm looking for.

Selcopa

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arikron View Post
Cho was decent in lane. Close to even CS and a death or two, with a few kills. The problems started at Baron.

Cho was coming down from top as they engaged baron. I'm sure they were pinging it but I guess he went top to farm or something. Nonetheless, our mid gets blue and our entire team proceeds to Baron. We enter the river and see Cho, who is probably a Janna Q away from 5 people who have clearly split him from his team, and he doesn't even break stride...like we aren't even there. We insta kill and proceed to Baron.

Imagine face checking the brush...without the brush. Maybe lag? No one from either team mentioned any all game...

My point is, someone who has made it to silver, in my opinion, understands when they are split from the team. He wasn't trolling, if either team wanted to win, all they had to do was make the better decisions. He was having an even trade game, but, made that decision at Baron for GG.

Therefore, I believe had that been ANYONE in the silver division (who wasn't trolling) they would have made a different decision and would have significantly changed the outcome of the game. I guess I'll have more opportunities to test this as I progress higher into silver.

This Cho wasn't even on my team. My competitive mindset is just screaming at me that bronze with silvers, silvers with golds and so on is just....wrong....broken.

I guess ranked teams is what I'm looking for.
Silver players make the same mistakes, Gold players make the same mistakes, even platinum players do the exact same.

The difference between the platinum and the bronze is how consistently they make that make mistake, among other mistakes they do.

You can believe that a silver player might not have done that, but you'd be wrong.