Disadvantage to own all the champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

03-21-2013

Or you could, I dunno, play Blind/Draft Murderbridge instead.
Just a thought.

Beravin

03-22-2013

I have no problem with this. My issue comes when I have someone I really want to play, like Wukong, only to get dodged a few moments later. I do not mind playing "subpar" champions, but I do want to be able to play my favourites, too.

I take the good with the bad. Trouble is, dodging completely throws that concept out the window.

Theungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
Or you could, I dunno, play Blind/Draft Murderbridge instead.
Just a thought.
This.

Filter ADAM or ABAM. Those modes are already happening.

Unbreathing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2013

Sake of fairness...it is fair.

Alcowpwn

03-25-2013

Disadvantage to take ARAM seriously

SylianEUW

03-25-2013

I think it would make ARAM much more interesting if everyone had every champion. I'm saying this as a player who has every champ in the game. Before I did own them all I would have really liked it if I could random champions that I don't own. This would also make the game more fair.

I know people that are making accounts just to play ARAM with the chosen few champs that they own. I find this kind of annoying, since it reduces the pool of possible champions that might be RNG:ed. Also, it reduces the chances to trade, and it goes against the spirit of "All Random". Why not just make it truly "All" Random?

Stew514

03-29-2013

If you don't do it you're going to have people on smurf accounts that own like Nidalee, Jayce, Fiddlesticks, Zilean, etc so that they can consistently get the good ARAM champs.

Chessifer

03-29-2013

+1. What's the matter if it's not in the champ rotation? It's ARAM only for fun, even if you get a champ that you don't own you won't be sure you want it. Maybe it's a great champ for ARAM but it's not cool for you to play ranked/normal, so you aren't buying him/her

SylianEUW

03-29-2013

Why are people downvoting this thread? Do they just want to play a select few champions that they own? Why even play ARAM then? ARAM should be All Random not just your champs owned + free week. Riot could also make it so that you can buy skins for champions that you don't own, that way they could gain some cash from ARAM.

Taioron

03-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew514 View Post
If you don't do it you're going to have people on smurf accounts that own like Nidalee, Jayce, Fiddlesticks, Zilean, etc so that they can consistently get the good ARAM champs.
Agree with this completely. When ARAM becomes a normal game mode, it's inevitable that changes will occur as far as champion select, so we might as well be constructive about it now to help direct the changes. When it's a normal game type, people would definitely be selective about which champs they purchase, as a few of the long-range harass champs can make an ARAM match an easy win. It's in Riots best interest to not discourage people from buying champs