Disadvantage to own all the champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PurpleURP

03-20-2013

Riot pls make it so everyone gets randomed from all of the champions weather they own them or not for the sake of fairness.

Kirazy

03-20-2013

I own a substantial number of champions, many considered "less than ideal" for ARAM.

I don't consider them a disadvantage, and I get them from time to time.

My suggestion is roll with it. The more champions you play, the stronger you will ultimately become, as you will get experience with everything.

Zielmann

03-20-2013

I'd be all for them enabling all champs for the queued version of ARAM once it comes out. I agree that it would put everybody on a level playing field. I assume the queued ARAMs will more or less be the 'competitive' ARAM environment, while some people might still prefer to stick with custom ARAMs for relaxing games. But I also realize that it isn't likely to happen.

What is a Wolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

Good strategy. Now I know that if I want my opinion to be heard, all I have to do is make a brand new thread and be mouthy in a semi-retarded way. Thanks OP!

Míley Dyrus

03-21-2013

For the sake of fairness? This is ARAM, not ranked.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-21-2013

How is that fair exactly? Someone who owns few champs will wind up playing champs they know nothing about most of the time. Whereas those with lots of champs will at least be familiar with them.

This isn't exactly the top priority issue either. Even if you made a new acct, new runes, leveled to 30, and only bought the Top Tier ARAM champs, guess what? You still have to deal with the 10 random per week so will still have junk champ that are you MORE likely to get due to your small pool.
You would then wind up with a teammate who is trolling AP Ashe or something, vs a stealth premade group that drops/reinvites till they get a good team.
So the advantage gained would be fairly minor. Having all the champs is not THAT much of a disadvantage.

Oathsbane

03-21-2013

This idea. +1

Kalarepa

03-21-2013

I own about 80% heroes and I play only arams. If suddenly you could use all champs, it would be kinda unfair for people like me. In that case I would spend my IP on dozens combinations of runes or something.
I don't really see any problem with such disadventage, when it's not ranked.

GrosPigeon

03-21-2013

you lost me at weather

Monogue

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleURP View Post
Riot pls make it so everyone gets randomed from all of the champions weather they own them or not for the sake of fairness.

Lol, that's never going to happen.

Why?

Player will just keep playing ARAM just to play random characters and getting a nib of it rather than the weekly champions.