If you saw this duo bot, would you jump que?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SashaT

03-20-2013

My boyfriend and I play teemo AP as support and Ashe as ADC bot... sounds weird, but every time we get both turrets in 7 minutes. Ashe slows and teemo poisons so much they cant push or have to recall a lot.

I want to play with him in ranked, but if you were playing would seeing somebody chose our strategy make you jump ship? Or would you be like "Alright... let's see where this goes." And why, as well. For the record, whoever is playing teemo does buy wards on top of shrooming.

Just curious!

TJs Account

03-20-2013

I can tell you from a bronze/silver view, that people throw fits when you don't go with the current meta. I've done Annie/Brand on bot with my g/f, Renekton/Taric, Xerath/Soraka, all sorts of ridiculous things. We win about 80% of the time, but it's kind of not worth it.

There's a pretty big lack of faith in solo/duo, and I'm not saying it's undeserved. But no one knows anyone, so how much trust are you willing to put in someone that hasn't proven themselves? Then they take a risky, unproven strategy. So you'll find MOST games people go immediately hostile, and it will take moving a mountain to get them to back off. Even if you're doing well, people will still find reasons to complain. God help you if you lose the lane, because the 3 remaining members of that team will find every reason that's ever existed that you caused them to lose. Regardless of their performance.

Any time we tried goofy lanes, I would say dodges happened about a third of the time. But it was always such a hostile game, it really wasn't worth it. If you want to have fun, stick to normals, where goofy lane comps fare much better.
-TJ

Selcopa

03-20-2013

I never dodge

ZixacunX

03-20-2013

sounds fun to me. keep it up!

Cavo

03-20-2013

As long as your other lanes have some hard cc it could work. The problem is that you traded a strong support champ for teemo, who is incredibly squishy and will be completely useless in team fights except for his single target blind, which really isn't that strong. In the end you would most likely be doing much more damage to your team than good, even if you are getting early turrets. There are other supports like sona or thresh who can put out even more dmg than support teemo can, and they don't give up their other good support moves to do it.

TheTeddyBaxter

03-20-2013

Let them dodge. If they aren't confident in their abilities to deal with Teem/Ashe you didn't want them on your team anyway.

Had a double AP bot, all that meant from my perspective was ganks were gonna mean some AMAZING burst damage.

We never missed a drag. They surrendered at 20 because bot was like 0/7 each, and those three kills were spread nicely on a J4, Brand and Akali.

If I'd dodge I'd missed out on a free win!

ArisColdsac

03-20-2013

I personally wont dodge, but I'm not sure about the others lol. Anyways, the current rank system punishes dodges in rank queues and I've been seeing a significantly drop in number of dodges since S3

BlackMagic0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-20-2013

Never give up, never surrender! Of course.

Kamen Tusam

03-21-2013

sadly people dont trust other people's ideas if they move away from the meta even a lil bit.

to put an example, i usually play support but last night i Qed with a duo group who called ADC and support, so i went top. they picked teemo/nami, while they are an actual ADC/support combo is a weird one and the other 2 started raging at them non stop.

end of game they rocked the lane and the game and we steamrolled em down easily.

That pretty much cemented my view of just waiting to see what would go on, as long as it is not incredibly retarded (ie. janna/soraka bot, yes that happened) i'lll just let it happen

SashaT

03-22-2013

Wow, thanks guys. Much better response then I could even hope for. I do find if you go against the meta wonderful things can happen, but terrible things can happen also, so I see why people would be worried. Thank you again for the insight!