Warning: Premades and New Cheese.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

When you join an ARAM game, do a quick check at the Invite list on the right hand side. Check to see how many invites were Accepted and see approx how many of them are on the enemy team. If you see a lot of DECLINED/PENDING you are likely fine. But if you see 4 invites and 4 accepts then you are looking at a PREMADE. I know this is obvious but many times the game starts right after you join so you need to be aware.

These are trolls that try to find random victims with no coordination or anything to beat upon. They also cheat in that if their team isnt as good, one drops and immediately gets reinvited. This is another indication that you should bail...if someone drops and gets reinvited immediately (not just rejoins...they usually get Kicked but not always).

----------
There is also some new Strategy/Hack/Exploit/Something where you get ambushed at the bushes. This happened to me TWICE yesterday and never ever before in the many months of playing. Apparently this new gimmick is on Youtube but I couldnt find it.

So I get Ez...it takes about 6 sec to get Tear, Boots, lots of health pots and start moving, then grab Blink, use it, grab 2 levels of Q. I am teh first one by far on my team to get there.

I get to my OWN bushes and shoot into their brush to check it and my Q lands on MY side. Yep... ALL FIVE enemies are there waiting for me and I get killed.

All 5 enemies had fairly complex loadouts such as boots,tear, pots like me, or boots, cloth, ruby crystal, health pots, mana pots like 1 guy. There is no fricking way they were able to buy that fast and beat me to my own bush-entry point...let alone all 5 of them.

The only thing I can think of is the ability to customize your recommended items per champ...tehres a program somewhere that allows this. If used for aram, you could easily buy your stuff, champ specific, in about 1 sec and be on your way.

If anyone knows about this, I'd be curious to know what the deal is...or send a youtube link or whatever.

Anyways, fair warning to the community.

GrosPigeon

03-20-2013

I think it's just called APM and a good computer. Possibly enigma item changer.

Beravin

03-20-2013

So, let me get this straight... You think me and my mates are a bunch of "trolls" because we actually like playing the game together? Because we like playing with friends who we know will not flame / rage / troll / leave / afk etcetera?

I do not premade to ruin other peoples fun. I premade to play with people I enjoy playing with.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

I was more thinking of the 'cheaters' that do the drop/reinvite, and the new ambush cheese as the Trolls. I realize that there is no good way for premades to go up against each other at the moment, so it isn't really fair to criticize people for wanting to play with their buddies and therefore making premades and beating up randoms.

On the other hand, in the Ranked mode, the bigger a premade group, the more their Effective ELO would rise to compensate for their premade-ness advantage. (unsure how it works now but w/e)

Therefore it is clearly not fun for 5 random people to get tricked into fighting a premade that fights as a team and kicks the **** out of them with no real hope for victory or even a fair game.

So yeah, I will be avoiding premades like the plague from now on, and it is reasonable to warn others about this so they can decide for themselves.

=========
Even with great APM you can only buy items so fast, especially more complex ones with health and mana pots. Good computer only improves loadspeed, and shouldnt give any time advantage right? It will still take a good 3 or 4 seconds to buy which isn't enough time to get into the enemy's bush and be waiting... especially with no movespeed boost (whereas I had a blink to help out some).

Thats why I believe it was some exploit/hack, or at the very least an item auto-buy script or recommended item changer.

QETCMMMover

03-20-2013

between how long it takes you to buy and potentially faster base movement speeds, its not that hard for them to get to your bush before you if they are there the first second when the game loads. if they had a custom build set up or they had their items in the recommended build and they started moving while buying, thats all the time they need to get into your bush, its not that much of a space difference.

also just because they are premade does not mean they are good or playing to win, the only thing that is cheesy that sometimes happens with premades is when they have one of them dodge and rejoin if they get terrible champions like you pointed out

LrdVprScrpn

03-20-2013

I've seen it go the other way where I'm the fifth person on a team with 4 premades and the premade team trolls by being intentionally terrible.

As far as the bush thing, if you rush ahead of your team into the bushes then you deserve whatever you get. Every game there is an idiot on one of the teams who barrels into the bushes while his teammates are still shopping. Even if it's an exploit/hack, it is 100% avoidable by not facechecking alone.

HaIfhearted

03-20-2013

And this is why my main premading group uses voicechat to communicate when the game rooms are up and then has everyone manually join them to avoid scaring people off with a big, scary invite list.

Your turn.

Warrrrax

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LrdVprScrpn View Post
As far as the bush thing, if you rush ahead of your team into the bushes then you deserve whatever you get. Every game there is an idiot on one of the teams who barrels into the bushes while his teammates are still shopping. Even if it's an exploit/hack, it is 100% avoidable by not facechecking alone.
While this may be true, I've played ARAMs before proving grounds even came out and have never ever ever been first-blooded by facechecking bushes.
Now all the sudden Ive been 1stblooded twice in 1 day? I call BS.

Usually I am pretty fast and get there to scout the bushes, tossing whatever skillshot I have into their bushes. Every once in a while Ill get into my bushes about the same time someone else does which means they were a few seconds faster. In which case we trade nukes and one of us withdraws.
But all five of them already there and waiting? Just in the last day and never before? You can understand how this seems pretty fishy...moreso than "everyone woke up one day and started buying stuff in 0.01 second". All the sudden my allies are slow as ever, but all my opponents are skilled ninjas who are turbo-sped.

So consider this a warning for you solo people that join ARAMS. Be way more careful of facechecking the bushes now that whatever skill/exploit is out there.
If you are one of the first ones to join and its 5 people on 1 side...dump it.

Hopefully the ARAM queue will come pretty fast and at least assist with the premade vs nonpremade issue.

Eastern Mind

03-20-2013

Whenever I join an ARAM and I see more than one or two people that the host has invited, I just leave. Sometimes you'll see a large invite list, but they won't all be on the same side, which is perfectly fine by me.

When I join an ARAM, I'm looking to have fun, sure. But being on a random team of 5 against a premade 5 is not my idea of fun.

Zielmann

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
So consider this a warning for you solo people that join ARAMS. Be way more careful of facechecking the bushes now that whatever skill/exploit is out there.
If you are one of the first ones to join and its 5 people on 1 side...dump it.
So the moral of the story is be wary of skilled people playing ARAM? That there maybe, just maybe, will be some people out there who are better than you at some things? That shouldn't really be a surprise.

Buying items quickly to get to the brush as fast as you can is a fairly obvious and basic strategy on PG. Though I have seen some people who beg to differ (I'm looking at you, people who insist on waiting for a little extra gold for that one more pot). Some champions are faster than others. Some champions can viably start with T2 boots of some sort (I like to just straight-up start with Sorc's on Kennen). Some have movespeed buffs (MF, Teemo). Some have movespeed buffs for the whole team (Janna, Sona, Galio). Some players might even be opting to run movespeed runes and/or masteries to give them that extra edge in the brush race.

I suppose that setting up custom recommended items for ARAM starts would be possible, and might shave off a small bit of time on those initial purchases. But this isn't really a hack or exploit. Frankly, most items you'd be buying with most champs are readily visible on a single page if you just look at the full item list (icons only). For some, they're all already pretty accessible from the recommend item lists. I suppose the very worst that I can think of would be if somebody figured out a way to script those item purchases.

Regarding the premade issue, a smart premade can make it not (or at least less) obvious that they are premade. Not using invites, staggered joining, and last-second side swaps are pretty easy ways to appear less suspicious to other people joining the game.

I admit that I do fairly frequently play with 2, 3, or 4 other friends, and we'll all play on the same team of course. But the one thing we don't do is dodge and attempt to have the person re-join. Our group has a pretty firm belief in never dodging at all, so it's not really an issue.