My opinion about the new Karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemiluniS

03-20-2013

To begin with, I absolutely fell in love with her, good job Riot. She totally fulfils the role you were aiming at. She can be played either mage or support and she got everything in her kit to succeed in both. She also covers the fun aspect which is really important.
Now I want to get over her kit and share my thoughts on each ability and suggest some points for improvement. First of all, her kit feels great, there's a connection between every single of her abilities which makes makes sense, but also every single ability feels rewarding and fun by itself.
Her animations are great an smooth, especially her auto attack animation, but I think you made her a little bit too reliable on using auto attacks as well as hitting her abilities, i'll accent on this point later on. now let's get over her abilities:

Quote:
Passive: Gathering Fire – Hitting enemy champions with Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.
Karma's gameplay revolves around agressive gameplay to keep her mantra charge up and empowering one of her basic abilities depending on the situation, the passive rewards agressive gameplay which is really good, leave it as it is.

Quote:
Q: Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies in an area.
Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.
I just like this ability, the missle is fast, not too hard to hit, the AoE zone is fine, the damage is good. The empowered Q is also very good and really feels like a nuke ultimate, the initial damage is high, delayed damage is also good, W>Q2 combo is extremely rewarding. This ability don't need any changes.

Quote:
W: Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
Empowered by Mantra: Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.
I really like this ability as well, good damage, snare duration scales with levels. empowered W is extremely satisfying, the life pumping effect feels amazing, really good for dueling and turining the tide of fight to your advantage, punishing agressive enemies, I really enjoy the ability, the only concern is the cooldown, I really think it should be lowered by 1 second at later levels, but that's it.
Quote:
E: Inspire – Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost.
Empowered by Mantra: Defiance – Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.
This ability is just amazing, the shield strength is decent, the speed boost feels so right on the ability, I'm just in love with this one, it makes sense, it worth leveling first for support karma, great ability. The empowered shield gives karma a really strong teamfight presence, it shields and speed up allies, damaging enemies, everything you want on one ability. and again the only tweak is maybe lowering the cooldown by 1 second.
Quote:
R: Mantra – Empowers Karma’s abilities, adding an extra effect to the next ability cast.
I pretty much covered everything about the mantra, the ability really feels like an ultimate but the basic abilities are great even without the empower, so this is a great change, But I think the cooldown is a bit too long, both on her R,W and E. during the late game I feel I consistenly have to auto attack while waiting to her W to be up and to lower the cd of her mantra, which doesn't really makes any sense on a mage/support. My suggestion is lowering the Mantra cd by 5 seconds and lowering W,E cd by 1 second late game, mostly W because it feels she has a lot of free time to auto attack while waiting to the W, and she forced to auto attack to lower the cd of her ult but doesn't have any built in auto attack amplifier to reward her for doing it.
Overally I think great job done with Karma, she just need a few cd tweaks to remove the heavy need in auto attacking as a mage without being rewarded for it.

Healurownbum

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
I pretty much covered everything about the mantra, the ability really feels like an ultimate but the basic abilities are great even without the empower, so this is a great change, But I think the cooldown is a bit too long, both on her R,W and E. during the late game I feel I consistenly have to auto attack while waiting to her W to be up and to lower the cd of her mantra, which doesn't really makes any sense on a mage/support. My suggestion is lowering the Mantra cd by 5 seconds and lowering W,E cd by 1 second late game, mostly W because it feels she has a lot of free time to auto attack while waiting to the W, and she forced to auto attack to lower the cd of her ult but doesn't have any built in auto attack amplifier to reward her for doing it.
Overally I think great job done with Karma, she just need a few cd tweaks to remove the heavy need in auto attacking as a mage without being rewarded for it.
I got to agree with CD's even at max CDR ur time is spend mostly AAing, and it feels some what odd. Maybe abit too forced. I do love the feel of R/Q tho that explode is sooo pretty, and strong. But the overall feel of when you use mantra on an ability is amazing. And the normal version of the spells dont feel underpowered cause of it. Only thing i'd like to change is having her passive work with creeps in some way or a other. Cause now the focus is too much on AAing the enemy and casting on them for your mantra. Just something minor.

Overall i like her playstyle altho i havent gotten support to work yet...

Lvl 8 Psyduck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-20-2013

You have never played the old karma

DemiluniS

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
I got to agree with CD's even at max CDR ur time is spend mostly AAing, and it feels some what odd. Maybe abit too forced. I do love the feel of R/Q tho that explode is sooo pretty, and strong. But the overall feel of when you use mantra on an ability is amazing. And the normal version of the spells dont feel underpowered cause of it. Only thing i'd like to change is having her passive work with creeps in some way or a other. Cause now the focus is too much on AAing the enemy and casting on them for your mantra. Just something minor.

Overall i like her playstyle altho i havent gotten support to work yet...
I know Riot won't do it but it worth a try. Moving her passive to the ult and make her new passive some type of auto attack amplifier so it will be rewarding to auto attack

DemiluniS

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
and I happy I didn't, cuz she sucked

Healurownbum

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by elBOOBOO View Post
I played her too often lol the **** i got for that tho. She is rly nice with the new HP Meta but new Karma feels alright mid. Just wish it wasnt deleting my Karma for this Skarma!

Mattarias

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
and I happy I didn't, cuz she sucked
.........How would you KNOW?! ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

...Ugh, anyways, back on topic. Her passive really shoulda been rolled into her ult. I mean, seriously, a passive that affects only one ability?

DemiluniS

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattarias View Post

...Ugh, anyways, back on topic. Her passive really shoulda been rolled into her ult. I mean, seriously, a passive that affects only one ability?
cuz I did played her and didn't like her?

Healurownbum

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattarias View Post

Yea i agree making her passive roll in to her Mantra and adding something new would be awesome!

Fioret

03-20-2013

I'm still hoping they give her some new sort of passive. I understand the current one, and I don't want Inner Flame back.... I just want something flashier!

It was the first part of her kit I saw and I just though.... Why not make that part of Mantra?