Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How's Rengar as a jungler?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SkeithGotBanned

03-20-2013

Quote:
OctopusDropkick:
TRUTH TIME:

He has a very hard start at first, though a level 2 or level 3 gank is possible thanks to brush.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOUR TEAM MATES AID YOU AT START.

Once you get Madreds Razor your jungle speed improves vastly with your attack-speed buff. Sustainability is no longer an issue after Wriggles.

His ganking is pretty strong, esp if the other lanes have any form of crowd control. He's best utilized hitting bottom lane with his invisibility, which is usually very warded.

He can also be built very tanky and become a carry later on in game, as he can receive a 150% attack speed boost. When paired with armor and magic resist items + flat attack damage, he becomes a monster hard to deal with.

(Wriggles Lantern, Merc Treads, Spirit Visage, Bloodthirster)

Hmm thanks. I'll try it.

Troy242621

03-20-2013

Quote:
SkeithGotBanned:
Hmm thanks. I'll try it.

If you INSIST on using Rengar, I'd check some guides. He has a few items he needs to be viable.

Sephorai

03-20-2013

Also I'd bother to learn the empowered multi cast glitch

Dante Brimscone

03-20-2013

It's doable, but tough. The nerfs targeted and balanced his lane phase at the cost of his jungle (which is sad because his recommened items are still Machete + 5). His sustain is decent in lane but pretty awful in the jungle and I think he still has the worst base heath regen in the game. His early clears are slow and unhealthy which isn't a good combo for an assassin in the jungle. He needs to be aggressive early but you'll likely be at so low health after your first clear ganking before a first back is risky.

It can still work it's just really meh right now. He needs some QoL buffs in the jungle that don't make his laning broken again.

Kr1sys

03-20-2013

Quote:
gullitomb:
He is... ehhhh, he's ok. He needs a lot of work. His clear speed is mediocre at best, his sustain is pretty good. his top lane is a lot better. Try Amumu jungle.

Amumu is on autoban in Silver 1.

Sir Grendel

03-20-2013

Rengar has a slow first clear which sucks but stealth mechanics and ganking are quite nice together, also renegers burst is stupid good.

He ramps up in speed with a few items and levels quite a bit. But his ganking is what sets him apart, point and click snare is nasty when you need it and empowered q lets you burst really hard if the lane has hard CC already for ganks.

Troy242621

03-20-2013

Quote:
Dante Brimscone:
It's doable, but tough. The nerfs targeted and balanced his lane phase at the cost of his jungle (which is sad because his recommened items are still Machete + 5). His sustain is decent in lane but pretty awful in the jungle and I think he still has the worst base heath regen in the game. His early clears are slow and unhealthy which isn't a good combo for an assassin in the jungle. He needs to be aggressive early but you'll likely be at so low health after your first clear ganking before a first back is risky.

It can still work it's just really meh right now. He needs some QoL buffs in the jungle that don't make his laning broken again.

His regeneration is the worst in the game, at a whopping 4 heal per 5 seconds.

OBITWIZZLE

03-20-2013

use Xin or Vi, they seem to be top picks atm.