Have you seen shyv top, and what do you think?

Seen it, good idea 2 25.00%
Seen it, bad idea 4 50.00%
Haven't seen it, think it's good 2 25.00%
Haven't seen it, think it's bad 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Top Shyvana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eagle Orion

05-31-2013

I've played Shyvana top a lot, and pretty successfully against a lot of champs (but definitely not Sion...) But every once in a while, I'll pick her for top, and someone will be like, "Shyvana top?" Like is that a thing? If I go against Riven, I can outdamage her. If I go against singed, I can counterharass effectively with plenty of move speed from my w. Plus, shyvana's pretty flexible with builds. If it's an ad top, I go frozen mallet, then atma's. If it's ap, I usually go maw and wit's end. I've been able to wreck top laners, sometimes WHILE their jungler is ganking (shyvana's pretty strong against multiple opponents.)

Having said that, there's a pretty big weakness. Because shyv doesn't have any cc, she's particularly weak against hard cc. Sion's stun lasts too long for her. Renekton's double dash + stun makes it really hard to counter harass. Riven's isn't that big of a deal though. It's pretty short, and she doesn't have the Renek mobility (also, a lot of Riven's are overconfident, and won't try to leave after harassing.) Her q, being an auto, makes teemo's blind a bit rough, but the cool thing about her q being a double auto is that the second auto doesn't get blinded. You would think ranged champs would be more of a problem for her, but her aoe has a REALLY good speed boost. She can chase down a lot of champs for a quick counterharass.

Having said that, the weakness can be so bad early game such that there are times where you just cannot engage a sion or renekton in lane and have to turret hug. Thankfully though, shyv's an extremely good farmer, and doesn't really lose that many minions to turrets. Also, thankfully, her builds can always overcome her weaknesses over time, and she can overpower certain champs mid game that counter her early game. If your jungler's busy for a long time, and you're stuck against a really good early counter, you stay in a pretty good stalemate through early game. You're opponent gets no kills, and you still build enough to counter him and be useful to your team once laning phase is over.

If it's not a counter, you can get fed easily. If it is, you'll be fine if you're careful.

Eagle Orion

06-09-2013

Bump. Only 2 votes and no responses? I NEEDS MORE OF DA STATISTICS!

Trrees

06-09-2013

Her problem really isn't CC for top lane, it's really about sustain. She has no sustain unless you buy lifesteal. But really, unless it's a game where she can really push around the lane as she chooses and then roam around in the jungle to outfarm or scare the other team's jungle/top/mid even constantly, other champs can do what she can up top, much better.

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-09-2013

also you are melee. don't even think of mentioning e. it doesn't count.

iP1ayJarvan

06-09-2013

her role isnt to duel the top laner. its to clear the lane fast and go eat their jungle