New Karma on Dom going to be really good

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaosos

03-19-2013

Just tried her on PBE. She pretty much has easy perma-kite, and does lots of damage with decent shielding.

David12596

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaosos View Post
Just tried her on PBE. She pretty much has easy perma-kite, and does lots of damage with decent shielding.
lucky. I can't get one game that i get to try her. I would like if I could get some dom games to try her and Zac out, but sadly a Dom normal queue is has bad as a draft Dom on live.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

IDK i bought Karma cause i wanted a support role they made her a mage and she doesnt seem like she would be good support based on her kit, they should gave her a harder CC and kept her group healing.

David12596

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
IDK i bought Karma cause i wanted a support role they made her a mage and she doesnt seem like she would be good support based on her kit, they should gave her a harder CC and kept her group healing.
I think she should be fine as a support in SR. People are just going to have to get use to her. Took Thresh a while until he was being used. I kinda wish Karma's new passive had a little more to it though.

Chaosos

03-19-2013

Karma's new passive actually chunks the CD on her mantra, it's per hit not per cast so if you get a good Q or good mantra E the CD drops fast.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
I think she should be fine as a support in SR. People are just going to have to get use to her. Took Thresh a while until he was being used. I kinda wish Karma's new passive had a little more to it though.
Thresh was made for bot Support, i played 3 games in SR with him i think we won all 3 or 2 of 3, he gets stronger the more Minions the ADC kills(passive), he has a pull in and knockback both help alot for 2 things you need the most, save your adc and feed your adc kills, and a ultimate than can help during turret dives. on Top of all that he just is not that viable anywhere else IMO his clearing time in jungle is horrible, his kits is just not strong for fighting 1v1 without any gear. hes great at the bottom not getting CS because of his passive and being a AP tank needing AP is good but thresh can go straight tank items and know im getting close to 100ap from picking up these souls. just 2 items and hes got the armor or mr and ap of a another ap tank with 3 pieces of gear.

MajorUrsa

03-19-2013

Her damage seemed pretty lackluster, and her shields seemed smaller then previous Karma on a full AP build. They hyped up how her Mantra'd spells would feel more powerful and dynamic, but after watching a full AP mid karma SR match... eh. They look flashier. They don't really seem that much more powerful. The Qs mantra'd explosion is missing particle effects so hopefully that gets touched up a bit. The new shield has an increased range, or at least its more clear on how large the range is, but again, the damage and shield amounts all seem lower.

Hopefully we can get some hard numbers soon, but her scaling all seems fairly low. Maybe she needs to go max penetration, max CDR to get those mantras donwn to a reasonable enough CD that she can spam them a bit more. It just seems a bit off. Old Karma you had two charges, so you could drop a super slow if you had to escape, a big nuke shield (Or two if you wanted to wait for it to come back up off CD after 6 seconds), or follow that shield up with a healing Q. Now you get one option every 20 seconds or so (Hard to say, I didnt see any numbers so Im unsure how low it gets with max CDR), and it never seems clear which ones really the best skill to use. I feel like she should have two charges. So if you need that aoe shield, into a burst aoe slow you have it. Or that healing factor and a slow/root plus more damage on that Q. As she is, it just didnt seem like she had the damage to really go head to head against the other top AP mids. So Im unsure of how she'll translate to Dom.

Maybe with a BFT tanky build and a focus on her support skills first she'll find a solid niche like Lulu or Sona, but my first impressions left me wanting a little more.

Redeemed In Fire

03-20-2013

She definitely feels less gimmicky, which can only be a good thing.

Infirc

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by David12596 View Post
i JUSt hope not, see, Karma had problems but the main problems with KArma were players trying to catter to the meta "it sayz suppurt it goez 0 cs butt lein" and sending a character which
a. Scales hevily with Ap and Mpen thus scales hevily with farm
b. Has NO cc at all, and no, that spirit bond slow is better used as a speed boost than a crappy slow
c. is weak to ranged characters but a very effective counter to Popular melee picks
as a 0 cs support

Hell Korean teams used Karma comps on their s2 qualifiers (running her top usually), the problem with the NA community is that most of them jsut try to copy paste strategies without even udnerstanding why the heck.

don't take me wrong i'm excited at the KArma rework but i'm also mad because it was done for all the wrong reasons.

lbgsloan

03-20-2013

Don't see how she can't support. She lost the minor slow/haste on her W and heal on Q, but gained a slow on Q, a snare on W, and the speed buff was moved to E. She lost damage on E, but her W is a real skill now. Not sold on the mantra changes though, it still seems like you're going to want to use it for E most of the time still.