Riot LP system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BUSDRIVERS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Hi Riot Games. You do not know how much i hate you.... i have played 5 ranked game straight i started at 94 points. GUESS WHAT I WON 5 GAMES IN A ROW!!! WOW GOOD JOB Busdrivers oh wait....What is this???!?!?!?? 1LP per game wow you guys really know how to balance this game out. i was duoing with a friend who was at 61 points and i was at 94 we both played 5 games he got to promotion series after the second game please exxplain that to me. When i was at 99lp i played one last game and i lost. GUESS HOW MUCH I LOST.... 16 POINTS way to balance this game you ******* *********** ************** ************** *** **** mother ********* fix your ****

PS: it was so hard for me not to swear on this thread. Rio

Cavo

03-19-2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLoK6rCBcF0

Watch it, because you look like a massive idiot for not bothering to know how the system works and then writing a rage thread like this. Btw, maturity does actually make you a better player.

suprachiasmatic

03-21-2013

Cavo, the problem is that the system isn't transparent - you gain or lose an arbitrary amount of points based on a hidden number. Years ago, I got a board game from a flea market that was misssing the instructions. I had to make up the rules for the game since I was playing without a clear idea of how many points are allotted per move, so I made up new rules and those new rules were in place every time I played the game and people knew what the rules were. People knew, for instance, how many points they would receive for each move - which made the game playable and enjoyable.

Now, imagine if I had invited friends (Jane and Freddy) over to play and they each received or lost different amounts of points for the exact same moves and I didn't let them know why. What if I told Jane that I didnt think she deserved to go to blue yet, but because I thought Freddy did, I gave him more points than Jane so that Freddy could advance to blue, but that Jane would have to wait until I decided she deserved to advance. Do you think that Jane would ever want to play the game again? Do you think Jane would be more than a little frustrated with a situation like that?

Baxter the Teddy

03-21-2013

Wanna know how the system works?

Win more than 50% of your games, regardless of your LP, and you'll advance.

Lose more than 50% of your games, regardless of your LP, and you'll drop.

Why the **** do people care about the numbers? Just win. Just ****ing win. You win, you go up. You keep winning, you keep going up. May not be instantly apparent, but one day you'll log on win a game and get 74 points. My first day of ranked I dropped from S3 to S5 and than LITERALLY won 2 games to get back to S4 series. It's equalled out a little more now. You will get to a point where your MMR balances out and you get fair points, or you'll get MORE points. Wait till that happens, you'll **** yourself with joy.

This is not an instant reward system. It's meant to take time to improve. Just play ranked, win as much as you can and enjoy it. If you get trolls, shrug it off and keep going. Just wait, you'll get 5 free wins because the enemy team deals with the same **** you do!

Cavo

03-21-2013

No, there's no arbitrary gain or loss of LP. It's a very exact formula, just because you don't get to plug the number in yourself doesn't make it arbitrary.

Fanaticmogg

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSDRIVERS View Post
way to balance this game you ******* *********** ************** ************** *** **** mother ********* fix your ****

PS: it was so hard for me not to swear on this thread.
:|

jspraggs7

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxter the Teddy View Post
Wanna know how the system works?

Win more than 50% of your games, regardless of your LP, and you'll advance.

Lose more than 50% of your games, regardless of your LP, and you'll drop.

Why the **** do people care about the numbers? Just win. Just ****ing win. You win, you go up. You keep winning, you keep going up. May not be instantly apparent, but one day you'll log on win a game and get 74 points. My first day of ranked I dropped from S3 to S5 and than LITERALLY won 2 games to get back to S4 series. It's equalled out a little more now. You will get to a point where your MMR balances out and you get fair points, or you'll get MORE points. Wait till that happens, you'll **** yourself with joy.

This is not an instant reward system. It's meant to take time to improve. Just play ranked, win as much as you can and enjoy it. If you get trolls, shrug it off and keep going. Just wait, you'll get 5 free wins because the enemy team deals with the same **** you do!
I just won a game of ranked. I'm at bronze 1. I have 99 LP. They gave me 0 LP. I've won my last 6 games, crawling up at 1 point at a time. I finally win one at 99 points, and they give me zero. I am winning, I'm not moving up.

Fanaticmogg

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspraggs7 View Post
I just won a game of ranked. I'm at bronze 1. I have 99 LP. They gave me 0 LP. I've won my last 6 games, crawling up at 1 point at a time. I finally win one at 99 points, and they give me zero. I am winning, I'm not moving up.
Your MMR is going up. It's not high enough for you to advance yet, but as long as you win, your MMR will rise.

Selcopa

03-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspraggs7 View Post
From the FAQ on the website.

"I reached Divison 1 of my league, and I am not earning as many League Points as before. Why is this?
When you enter a ranked game, you are matched with teammates and opponents based on your matchmaking rating (what used to be called Elo). It is expected that your matchmaking rating is about equal to other players in your League. If for some reason your matchmaking rating is below what is expected in your League, you will see League Point gains come much more slowly as you approach your Division 1 Series. Because League placement is now permanent, we have designed the system to ensure that a player’s matchmaking rating is high enough to ensure that you can consistently play at the level of the next tier. As long as you continue to win more than you lose, your League Point gain will even out and you’ll reach the Promotion Series.

It is possible to earn 0 League Points if your MMR is too low to qualify for the next tier.
"

IATL Khyllar

03-21-2013

the problem is the more i get to understand the new ranked system the more i hate it.... this isnt me raging this is just me explaining why i think this new system isnt ideal. I am currently silver div 1, now when i get to 80 LPs i start to see a pretty large hit to my LP gain and i understand why and its because i am in the 1490 elo range now since gold div 1 is 1500 i am going to start slowing down because the system doesnt want me reaching 1500 elo before i am actualy gold 1. now my problem with this is with thee old system i wouldn't be held back from climbing up what so ever.

how am i getting held back? well most of you will know that the team you get matched with is 100% luck based and it was the same with the old system no changes there. But with the current system i need to win 6+ games to get from 80-100LPs in a row. now before silver div 1 4-5 games would get me from 0 LPs to 100 no problem. but winning 6+ games in a row all though not impossible it requires a pretty severe amount of luck. so i am currently getting held back because with the old system i would have been gold div 5 three times over by now. (because i have gotten all the way up to 97-98 LPs 3 times just to lose a game or 2 and drop down to 60lps)

now if riot were to revert back to the old elo system or atleast ditch these qualifier games but keeping the tier lock (meaning if you are gold 5 you can never go back to silver 1 no matter how many games you lose) of the current system i feel it will give as much of a fair chance for someone like me who knows they have atleast plat 5 skill but cant seem to get there a fair chance to move up in the ranks.

the reason i think the qualifier games are the main issue here is because like i said i am considered 1490ish elo and the reason why i am only getting 1-2 LPs in the 80-100 LP range is because the system doesnt want me reaching 1500 before gold 5 and the reason why the system is slowing me down is because it needs to take the qualifiers into account. now if the qualifiers were gone i believe i would be getting the normal 10-25 LPs i was seeing through my entire climb through silver.

if anyone disagrees or agrees or feels that i am missing something about the new system just let me know i would really like some support on this or some criticism if im completely wrong.