Selcopa

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ichvlar

03-19-2013

First off, I hope calling someone out by their name in this fashion isn't against the Summoner's Code, because I'm not "calling you out" or "trashing you". In fact, it's quite the contrary.

I've been browsing around this forum, and you always seem to have a well-thought out response, a good argument, and a clear conclusion to every thread you post in. I have not personally lolkinged you as of yet, nor do I intend to, but you always seem to have debates with Bronze level players as to how they play, and the fact they don't rise about their rank for a reason.

I'm a Bronze level player. I deserve to be a Bronze level player, because I have not done enough to navigate my way into Silver as of yet. Do I feel sometimes I deserve to be higher level? Sure. Doesn't everyone? But I'm willing to play the game and get better to get there.

I was just wondering if you've ever posted tips on how to do well in ranked, and become a better player. And if you're willing to redirect me to a guide or make on along these lines so that I may work to become a Silver or hopefully one day a Gold ranked player.

Once again, due to your fine speech and properly planned posts, I hold you in nothing but the highest regard. Thank you.

TrolliOlli

03-19-2013

Agreed.

Cavo

03-19-2013

Selcopa #1. I'm starting a fan club.

korcho

03-19-2013

Selcopa is currently in Platinum IV with 272 wins and 237 losses. He mains support with a 2.5/4.1/11.2 average.

I'd trust whatever he has to say.

ninjagear

03-19-2013

if u post replays of ur games he will give u tips on wat u did wrong in those games

Selcopa

03-19-2013

Hi there.

I generally don't post generic tips because while they are good basic advice. They don't really help much for any individual. Everyone knows to ward. Call mias. Cs well ect ect.

The thing is each individual is different with what they need tips for. There isn't some magical scroll that lists things that silver players do that bronze players don't do. In faft as a plat player there are very few things I do that a bronze player couldn't do. We all have relatively the same champions and runes. All with the same abilities.

So it comes down to consistency. What makes a silver player better than a bronze? They make the right decision more often. Whether that is poking more. Wardong better or getting 20 more cs on average lane phase. This same thing applies to gold and plat. Its not about sick nasty micro 1v5 as vayne every game. Its about getting as strong as possible every game and giving your team the best possible chance to win you can. And if the occasion arises to 1v5 you are able to execute it. But that's a minor minor aspect.

So tips to improve? You gotta find out what your weakness is. And then practice on those things. If you make poor decisions mid late game, you should be watching replays. To see what you could have done or where you shoulda been. Usuaully when you get caught and killed. The mistake was already made 30 seconds earlier. Identify and elominate that mistake and thTs another game you don't lose.

Replays are the best source in general. Observe how you could manuever better to hit more cs. Land more poke. And then practice with a friend.

Streamers trying to build up fan bases are also useful. They usually are willing to give extra help to create a consistent following. They are great for picking at their brain and figure out what they see that you can't see.

If else fails and you have a little money. There are reliable coaches who will work individually. This is those most effective from a time perspective, obvioudly it costs money, but it can save you tons of head smashing ahainst a wall to have someone guide you a little for $15-20 an hour. To me that's not much I come from online poker where coaching was frequenrly over $150 an hour. But I understand ths t this isn't a popular concept around here.

Hopefully this helped some. Although it was pretty vague. I may start streaming at some poi nt if I get interest. As well as improce my pc and internet connection. Stay tuned!

Ichvlar

03-19-2013

Thank you!

Doobie1

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selcopa View Post
As well as improce my pc and internet connection. Stay tuned!
Oh Jesus, my spell check, it hurts! Poking at Selcopa aside, his tips aren't bad here. The only other thing I would add would be something along this line.

Spectate live matches.

You can watch someone stream, and if they give helpful advice and tell you why they're doing something, fantastic because it gives their insight for doing so but spectate something. Say you want to learn Nidalee a bit. Scroll through the 5 pages you get in the LoL launcher until you find one with a Nid in it, lock the camera on her and pretend you're playing her, turn off full view so you can only see what she's seeing as well.. You'll quickly notice if they do something you do not. Say they avoid a gank and you have no clue how, well rewind it, watch the minimap, try to find what they saw to avoid it if you missed it the first time around.

You can always watch your own, but if you just went through it, chances are you know what you did wrong but even watching it again and again may not provide an answer for you. If you do start to record your own games, it helps to have a friend willing to look as well.

Selcopa

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobie1 View Post
Oh Jesus, my spell check, it hurts! Poking at Selcopa aside, his tips aren't bad here. The only other thing I would add would be something along this line.

Spectate live matches.

You can watch someone stream, and if they give helpful advice and tell you why they're doing something, fantastic because it gives their insight for doing so but spectate something. Say you want to learn Nidalee a bit. Scroll through the 5 pages you get in the LoL launcher until you find one with a Nid in it, lock the camera on her and pretend you're playing her, turn off full view so you can only see what she's seeing as well.. You'll quickly notice if they do something you do not. Say they avoid a gank and you have no clue how, well rewind it, watch the minimap, try to find what they saw to avoid it if you missed it the first time around.

You can always watch your own, but if you just went through it, chances are you know what you did wrong but even watching it again and again may not provide an answer for you. If you do start to record your own games, it helps to have a friend willing to look as well.
I was at work on a phone sorry.

Anyways as Ninjagear mentioned as well, I do try to go over players replays when I get time, unfortunately my time in League is very limited between solo queue, forum posting as well as team play, so I don't always get opportunities to do it very often.

It may sound vain but the easiest way is to simply give me an incentive, fact of the matter is I have limited time in life and league, my window of free time is limited and filled quickly, turning that free time into a financial benefit suddenly creates quite a bit of time for me.

Just some honest self promotion

sepetaiya

03-20-2013

selcopa asked in the new karma thread whether shes meant to be ap or support.

that proves he has no knowledge of the game in general and that its how you build that determines a champs role. hes a newb and hes saying he is plat when he isnt. lies everywhere and he brings alot of people down on the forums.

hes a troll and so is this thread