Restricted Chat Mode is Live!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ceruse

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

Awesome Job

Simple suggestion/question: Would it help if restricted chat had an automatic component like leaver buster that gets activated when too many reports for negative behavior/verbal abuse are received? Would that help or be inefficient / too dangerous troll wise?

Keep up the good work ^^

SoccerMom20x6

03-19-2013

@Lyte, how exactly does it encourage people not to go onto a smurf account to specifically troll people because they got banned? I could see this being so if chat restriction were applied in place of bans, but not in addition to. People will be angry they are banned, and go play their smurf just to troll people because they are angry about their ban. I haven't done this, but as someone who has just received my first ban yesterday, I must admit that I'm extremely tempted to go troll everyones games on a second account BECAUSE I'm banned. And no, I did not get banned for trolling, but for my rage.

Thanks in advance for your response (hopefully!)

MadridFC

03-19-2013

Good, less harrasing for sure

Epictues

03-19-2013

awesome now the most vile racist and hate mongers can still play without worrying about being banned;

While people who enjoy using skills or non mainstream builds will still be banned, because they accumulate their reports by random sheeple reporting them for not liking their build.
So they will still get reported even when they don't say a word.

GREAT JOB

K K0

03-19-2013

Awesome good work. You can test it on me since i swear sometimes and get banned.

OtterOfLegend

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post
awesome now the most vile racist and hate mongers can still play without worrying about being banned;

While people who enjoy using skills or non mainstream builds will still be banned, because they accumulate their reports by random sheeple reporting them for not liking their build.

GREAT JOB
Or maybe you get banned for calling other players "sheeple" and raging about the failure of innovation when people get mad, instead of knuckling down and reporting 'em for negative attitude afterwards?

Grognak The Barb

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictues View Post

GREAT JOB
aquality player isn't really quality

Hackulator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

So what is going to happen when these people get reported for never communicating? What happens to people who are reported for trolling and feeding in terms of game play as opposed to saying things in chat?

Similar

03-19-2013

Are there any plans to implement it as an option for a player to turn on themselves?

I don't know how many people would use it, but I for one know I have a habit of pursuing arguments I shouldn't and this would help me keep cool headed.

TriIIy

Recruiter

03-19-2013

Is there any way that I could ask you to restrict me indefinitely or something on this account and my other account? I've played this game since closed beta and I know I am a toxic player and I've tried to turn all chat off, turn language filter on, hide my chat, make my chat smaller, pretty much everything I've thought of up until this point and I think aside from removing the ENTER key on my keyboard or having a serious revelation within my real life to change my point of view on pretty much everything I fear that my opinion on things and because of my experiences I find that when I say things they typically are very negative. I'm extremely sorry to all those who I've been toxic to in the past 4 years. I've been banned several times in this game and I do NOT want to be banned indefinitely as I've spent over 2500 dollars on just this account alone within the past 4 years. I'm not asking for pity or fame. I would just like riot to help me become a non toxic player by restricting my chat in some way.
I don't know how many people play Counter-Strike however if you do you may know about how that chat system works with ZXC commands. If this is possible in any way I feel like it should be an option added to the league client so toxic players like me should be able to turn it on. Thanks ahead of time and sorry once again fellow league players.

TLDR: Restrict my chat please. Thx.
Sorry for the rant.
EDIT: I am currently on a 2 week ban because of my toxicity and I fear a permaban is on it's way if I don't find some way to shut the **** up.