Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Restricted Chat Mode is Live!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sexual Innuendo

03-20-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
1) We may consider allowing players to opt-in to Restricted Chat Mode in the future, but it won't be available for the first few experiments that use the feature.

2) The new pings have streamlined a lot of needed communication in the game. A majority of players don't say anything in-game beyond "gg" and "glhf," and that's acceptable in League of Legends. I have no clue why players think they will suddenly receive a barrage of "Refusing to Communicate" reports and suddenly be banned.

You really don't have a clue why? The same reason people love to spam "REPORT UNSKILLED PLAYER". You put it in a list of "reportable" offenses. Please remove unskilled player (i dont think this is giving you helpful info and you've admitted you cant be banned for it) and remove refuse to communicate.

Intentionally Feeding,
Assisting enemy team,
Harassment,

Should really be the only 3. Verbal abuse really just means naughty language UNLESS it becomes harassment, so that shouldn't be punished.

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

03-20-2013

Quote:
wwwhurtorhealcom:
If a player is being toxic in PvP matches and receives a chat restriction cant that player then simply queue for the required number of games using Co-op vs AI to quickly erase the restriction?

Is there a safeguard in place to prevent exploiting the chat restriction?

In this example, the player is voluntarily further restricting themselves - and giving up something they hypothetically value (PvP matches assuming it is their primary mode of play) for the duration of their chat restrictions. This is not necessarily in their favor. At this time, we are comfortable with the matchmade requirement allowing players the flexibility to continue with their preferred queue.

It is also important that we support Co-op vs. AI as it is a primary game mode for a significant amount of players.

Epofisis

03-20-2013

This is unfair to those who have already been punished, especially for those who were punished for being rude, they did not have this opportunity.

my question is, you will remove the punish (permabans) of permabanned accounts for toxicity?

Yoruichi

03-20-2013

Quote:
KiserSaySo:
Does a limited number of messages actually increase the instances of griefing/intentionally feeding.

The whole actions speak louder cliche?

I for 1 would rather some jerk on chat continue to play as well as he can while raging than take away his venue and leave...oh i dunno...that turret over there to dive into.

That random jerk can't continue to play as well as they can because they're using their time typing nonsense instead of playing the game. The reason I ping mia's instead of typing them is that I've literally died in a split second typing mia instead of just pinging it.

YoshioPeePee

03-20-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
1) We may consider allowing players to opt-in to Restricted Chat Mode in the future, but it won't be available for the first few experiments that use the feature.

2) The new pings have streamlined a lot of needed communication in the game. A majority of players don't say anything in-game beyond "gg" and "glhf," and that's acceptable in League of Legends. I have no clue why players think they will suddenly receive a barrage of "Refusing to Communicate" reports and suddenly be banned.

i for one have never voted punish on someone where all they did was not say anything

i can also count the number of reports that were only for not talking on one hand (i've voted on over 2,000 cases)

Icraig33

03-20-2013

While I think this is really great, I have to ask. When you say that people will have to play a set amount of matchmade games to lift the restriction, does that count games where the player gets reported even with restriced chat on? or do those not count? I know it sounds like a stupid question, it's just that the wording is a little unclear

GRANDMASTER DUNK

03-20-2013

Can I have my permabanned account back with a permanent chat restriction thrown on it?

MFKrazed

03-20-2013

Quote:
GRANDMASTER DUNK:
Can I have my permabanned account back with a permanent chat restriction thrown on it?

No. This has been stated many times over.
New features are not retroactive. Banned accounts stay (rightly) banned.

Shosuko

Recruiter

03-20-2013

I really like this, it's an elegant solution. The obvious problem being people jumping on smurfs while their ban time drains out and not changing at all... With this the primary account is hindered (in a way I feel trolls will actually feel) the player is sorta forced to stay and deal with their actions.

A few people asked "what if they just play with a full group / co-op v ai" and I think the answer is pretty obvious -> Those people are now self monitoring and adjusting behavior. If they can't handle pvp without bringing their own full group, and need to go co-op v ai w/o a group, getting them to start playing that now might help them make that better choice for when they are feeling trollzy again...

Very clever idea PB&J team, I'm impressed ^_^

0rgasmatr0n

03-20-2013

Quote:
MFKrazed:
No. This has been stated many times over.
New features are not retroactive. Banned accounts stay (rightly) banned.

That is totally unfair, the rules must be the same for everybody.