Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Restricted Chat Mode is Live!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrenziedRoach

03-20-2013

@ Lyte and Drevarius. This system sounds very simular to the "Automute" proposal put forth in the "Harassment" episode of ExtraCreditz (link provided for those who are curious. Episode touches on exploring ways to prevent harassment and toxic behavior from ruining games). Was your idea inspired by this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt9GwmOWoqo

KiserSaySo

03-20-2013

Does a limited number of messages actually increase the instances of griefing/intentionally feeding.

The whole actions speak louder cliche?

I for 1 would rather some jerk on chat continue to play as well as he can while raging than take away his venue and leave...oh i dunno...that turret over there to dive into.

Xiao Rettousei

03-20-2013

I always get my questions igniored

SweatyWolverine

03-20-2013

Quote:
Lyte:
1) We may consider allowing players to opt-in to Restricted Chat Mode in the future, but it won't be available for the first few experiments that use the feature.

2) The new pings have streamlined a lot of needed communication in the game. A majority of players don't say anything in-game beyond "gg" and "glhf," and that's acceptable in League of Legends. I have no clue why players think they will suddenly receive a barrage of "Refusing to Communicate" reports and suddenly be banned.

So basically you are admitting that you "dun goofed" with the tribunal. Why don't you just stop beating around the bush and say it, unban all the perma bans that were issued by the tribunal and fix your game.

The reason the "majority of players" only say "gg" and "GLHF" is because they fear for their accounts. I'm not sure if you have a bunch of apes behind desks running your player support team over there (my experience from reading your stubborn posts and player support tickets would suggest so) but that is terrible design for a game. Players shouldn't be in constant fear of their account being banned for saying any comment that can be misconstrued as being negative or saying something sarcastic.

I have actually had an account perma banned for literally saying "gg" sarcastically. I have the tribunal case to prove it, not to mention all the other countless threads that flood the tribunal section constantly of people getting banned with literally nothing said in chat and without intent feeding.I would post the case but then you would just dig up every game on the account, as you always do, and eventually find some game in my past where I said something "toxic" and justify that as the ban. Doesn't really leave much room for reform there eh hypocrite? All those posts make me cringe from the stupidity in them, and even more so for the riot nut hugging fanbois that support/upvote them. You can't justify sentencing someone for murder without evidence because they robbed a bank in the past, sorry.

The jig is up, just admit you ****ed up.

wwwhurtorhealcom

03-20-2013

Quote:
Drevarius:
If you are using a queue, it is considered a matchmade game (the system is matching you with teammates and/or opponents).

Custom or tutorial games would not count.

If a player is being toxic in PvP matches and receives a chat restriction cant that player then simply queue for the required number of games using Co-op vs AI to quickly erase the restriction?

Is there a safeguard in place to prevent exploiting the chat restriction?

Drevarius

Social Systems Designer

03-20-2013

Quote:
Exacerberus:
What's the point of the whole feature if the punished players also receive a ban along with chat restrictions?
Will people being punished for say...going AFK receive a chat restriction punishment as well?? It's not a matter of "silver bullets", it's a matter or coherence and consistency. The way is seems this system is going to be implemented atm doesn't make any sense to me.

Bans for going AFK are handled by LeaverBuster, not the Tribunal, so there is no danger of a mismatch of that caliber. Only Tribunal punishments will have chat restrictions attached.

Tribunal judgements are levied against players who are being nasty to other players in the game, and the most common vector for that is chat.

The RoyaI We

03-20-2013

Quote:
SweatyWolverine:
So basically you are admitting that you "dun goofed" with the tribunal. Why don't you just stop beating around the bush and say it, unban all the perma bans that were issued by the tribunal and fix your game.

The reason the "majority of players" only say "gg" and "GLHF" is because they fear for their accounts. I'm not sure if you have a bunch of apes behind desks running your player support team over there (my experience from reading your stubborn posts and player support tickets would suggest so) but that is terrible design for a game. Players shouldn't be in constant fear of their account being banned for saying any comment that can be misconstrued as being negative or saying something sarcastic.

I have actually had an account perma banned for literally saying "gg" sarcastically. I have the tribunal case to prove it, not to mention all the other countless threads that flood the tribunal section constantly of people getting banned with literally nothing said in chat and without intent feeding.I would post the case but then you would just dig up every game on the account, as you always do, and eventually find some game in my past where I said something "toxic" and justify that as the ban. Doesn't really leave much room for reform there eh hypocrite? All those posts make me cringe from the stupidity in them, and even more so for the riot nut hugging fanbois that support/upvote them. You can't justify sentencing someone for murder without evidence because they robbed a bank in the past, sorry.

The jig is up, just admit you ****ed up.

Whats so hard about just being nice and NOT saying sarcastic things or anything that someone can misconstrue as negative? How hard is it to just be polite? If someone can't control themselves I don't see the problem in a permaban.

I actually don't see why this chat restriction is needed. If you have a poor attitude why should you be around to ruin other people's days?

Xiao Rettousei

03-20-2013

Quote:
Drevarius:
Bans for going AFK are handled by LeaverBuster, not the Tribunal, so there is no danger of a mismatch of that caliber. Only Tribunal punishments will have chat restrictions attached.

Tribunal judgements are levied against players who are being nasty to other players in the game, and the most common vector for that is chat.

Y u no answer my question?

MFKrazed

03-20-2013

Quote:
Bookibaloush:
Y u no answer my question?

Because they are not going to waste their time answering questions that have already been answered.

No, you cannot request this voluntarily. Maybe in the future.
Remove your 'Enter' key if you think you can't behave. Problem solved.

Sexual Innuendo

03-20-2013

Quote:
Bookibaloush:
Can we ask for having our own chat restricted? If so how?

I know this might seem like a silly request, but I'd opt to have my account chat restricted as well, permanently. I need to be saved from myself.