[GUIDE] Spell vamp Akali - The deadliest ninja

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pubstar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

You don't need Rylai with this build at all. With a Gunblade, flash and 3 jumps you are golden. I've found it best to use my Gunblade at the beginning of the fight, not when they start running away.

Doc201

11-07-2010

I'll try it out now.
I've been maining full AP Akali and it's been working quite well, but let's see what your build can do.

Spell vamp has always been hovering around 10% for me, bc I never got any AD aside from Doran's Blade at lvl1 (so that along w/ my runes, I have both passives right at the start).

I kinda quit buying rageblade after a while, bc I found that autoattacking to charge my stacks will make me a more likely target in teamfights, bc I wasn't being invisible, and opponents were like zomg lets burst her down before she pwnz us.
And they did.
I'll write after a 3v3

edit:

I've played a game with this build.

The 2 Gunblades seem too expensive for what they do, their active is a nice addition, but still, I think spell vamp is lackluster compared to the AP you could be getting for the same amount of $.

Also, spell vamp will do nothing vs burst dmg, which you will receive PLENTY of if you're Akali and they catch you out of stealth in a teamfight.
Although it saved my a$$ vs a fed Xin - in 1v1. And Xin is sustained dmg.

Pros:
- you can farm endlessly because you quickly heal back any poke & minion dmg
- in non-burst 1v1s, spell vamp can keep you alive long enough to kill your opponent
- gunblade's active gives you more chasing ability lategame, and also extra burst dmg midgame

Cons:
- your burst is significantly lower, even w/ gunblade active
- you are dependent on spamming your spells (because they don't do enough dmg otherwise), so you can't just wait and time your huuuge bursts, you have to constantly be doing smaller ones, thus you're out of stealth more -> you get targeted more

Akali is an assassin, ie going in, bursting down the squishy, going out. She isn't too viable for constantly spamming spells, because she'd just get focused.

In 1v1s, this build might be better than full AP, but in teamfights, a full AP build will do the same thing quicker than a spell vamp one, namely to go in, kill the most dangerous carry (or do as much dmg as possible to squishier targets), and escape safe&sound.

tldr: I think going full AP Akali is a much better choice.

Cenerae

11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
I don't know why everyone is saying you can't chase without rylai. akali has 3 flashes at her disposal at anytime. I have never had any trouble catching prey without rylai.
Oh you can chase without rylai, but I find it's not so good if you get snared or stunned and the victim runs out of ult range because you weren't slowing them. I guess you could save the gunblade active for that though. Maybe I'll give it another try.

Bravest Leader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc201 View Post
I'll try it out now.

In 1v1s, this build might be better than full AP, but in teamfights, a full AP build will do the same thing quicker than a spell vamp one, namely to go in, kill the most dangerous carry (or do as much dmg as possible to squishier targets), and escape safe&sound.

AH.I FOUND THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR THINKING.

You don't "get out" with this build. you serve no purpose to your team out. you stay in. This build is so you can stay in the fight and keep killing *****es, not just kill one and then run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc201 View Post
I'll try it out now.
I've been maining full AP Akali and it's been working quite well, but let's see what your build can do.

Spell vamp has always been hovering around 10% for me, bc I never got any AD aside from Doran's Blade at lvl1 (so that along w/ my runes, I have both passives right at the start).

I kinda quit buying rageblade after a while, bc I found that autoattacking to charge my stacks will make me a more likely target in teamfights, bc I wasn't being invisible, and opponents were like zomg lets burst her down before she pwnz us.
And they did.
I'll write after a 3v3

edit:

I've played a game with this build.

The 2 Gunblades seem too expensive for what they do, their active is a nice addition, but still, I think spell vamp is lackluster compared to the AP you could be getting for the same amount of $.

Also, spell vamp will do nothing vs burst dmg, which you will receive PLENTY of if you're Akali and they catch you out of stealth in a teamfight.
Although it saved my a$$ vs a fed Xin - in 1v1. And Xin is sustained dmg.

Pros:
- you can farm endlessly because you quickly heal back any poke & minion dmg
- in non-burst 1v1s, spell vamp can keep you alive long enough to kill your opponent
- gunblade's active gives you more chasing ability lategame, and also extra burst dmg midgame

Cons:
- your burst is significantly lower, even w/ gunblade active
- you are dependent on spamming your spells (because they don't do enough dmg otherwise), so you can't just wait and time your huuuge bursts, you have to constantly be doing smaller ones, thus you're out of stealth more -> you get targeted more

Akali is an assassin, ie going in, bursting down the squishy, going out. She isn't too viable for constantly spamming spells, because she'd just get focused.

I think maybe the reason some people arent into this build so much and say it does less damage is that they really haven't fell into the "Rhythm" of it. You aren't really just going to play this build once and start raping faces cause you have to play differently.

ALSO about all the people saying burst is doing more damage, you really aren't. Because if you go into a 2v1 and you burst someone and they live with even 100hp those two are going to take you down very quickly in those few seconds our cd is coming up, and you are gonna die.

You do more damage in ONE rotation, but with this build you get multiple rotations out of it since you can be in the fight longer. in a team fight akali can kill about one person and then run away with an AP build. shes not as useful as she can be.

ALSO people keep saying she is a burst assassin. she is, but that doesn't mean she can't be played any other way.thats like calling gragas a AP burst mage, but completely ignoring the fact that he can be a boss tank.

I find burst assassins to be less practical in the team fight stage, and I have zero problem bursting people down in mid early game where bursting matters anyway.

I wish I could like see videos of you guys saying you aren't putting out enough damage, cause your doing SOMETHING wrong, i don't know what it is though.

Doc201

11-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboardowl View Post
You don't "get out" with this build. you serve no purpose to your team out. you stay in. This build is so you can stay in the fight and keep killing *****es, not just kill one and then run.
Well, imo that's what you should be doing though.

She's not a fighter and she will not live through focused burst with some 50% spell vamp.
Killing the carry and then backing out and most importantly staying alive in the process is the way to go.

You might bring down the carry and get another one to 50%, but in the meantime, you'll die.

Your way:
If your team loses the fight, you'll get pushed bc noone stays alive to def
If your team wins the fight, your team can't push that effectively (hence you're dead)

My way:
If your team loses, you can def and maybe prevent a tower from being pushed
If your team wins, you can push more effectively

Usually most fights don't go like this, but you get the picture.

Sacrificing yourself for another kill is not worth it imo.
Zip out, and if the fight still goes on when shroud comes back from cd, zip back.
If the fight is short, your 2 skill rotations will be enough anyway.

phoot

11-12-2010

So I bought me a full set of ad/lvl marks and a ad/lvl quint as the guide suggests to trigger the spell vamp. I took the 3 AD in the offense tree as well.

I'm sitting at a bonus of 5 AD at lvl 1. Is this guide not supposed to trigger it without the help of an early AD item? Did I miss something?

Heliion

11-12-2010

I build

2 Rageblades
Boots of swiftness - or defensive if lot of cc
Rylai's
Frozen Mallet
Last item is situational , lichbane/thornmail/bv/stinger/Gunblade

3200 health, slows galore and strong damage... Check my match history for proof it works.

I dont play ranked anymore so I am not sure how viable it is in ranked, but it rapes pugs.

Bravest Leader

11-16-2010

Guide to be updated soon SINCE THEY BUFFED HEXTECH AND THIS GUIDE IS EVEN MOOOOOOORE VIABLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoot View Post
So I bought me a full set of ad/lvl marks and a ad/lvl quint as the guide suggests to trigger the spell vamp. I took the 3 AD in the offense tree as well.

I'm sitting at a bonus of 5 AD at lvl 1. Is this guide not supposed to trigger it without the help of an early AD item? Did I miss something?
you don't get vamp at level one. I get it at lvl 4. but you don't really need to be healing until level four or three anyway, and even if you had vamp at level one you'd be healing for like 10. anyway.

Expectation

11-17-2010

Alright, I just tried this guide with a few changes.
I got a mejais (12 stacks endgame), 2 Hextech Revolvers, and a Needlessly Large Rod.
I ended up with around 370 ap WITH baron's buff. My lifesteal was at 40%, and my spell vamp was at 74%.
When I go straight ap, i usually end up with 600-700 ap.

Akali's damage output felt somewhat weaker, as it should. The main problem I was facing is that the HP she regains from Life Steal through Auto Attacking is almost negligible, and while the massive spell vamp was crazy, I would merely get dropped whilst waiting for my CDs to drop to even proc the Spell Vamp.

All in all, I feel that building straight ap then getting a good defensive item (Perhaps Warmog's) would be better, because her burst would be able to take down any enemies she would have had to prolong the fight with had I gone 2Hextech's build.

Very interesting play style though. I enjoyed trying it.

Tuggiesftw

11-18-2010

Well Ive, read this build over and over, getting down the Basics of the Build, and read other tactics of akali. By Far this build is the way to go. Not only the slows from Gunblade, combine that with MoA Delay, plus SD initiation, that almost guarantees a kill or at least close. It is possible to get a cutlass within 11min, trust me Ive done it many times. The only problem is When you have a weak game, or your game is off so its hard to follow up with the build as, i clearly see this build as being Fed. There are other builds that work But this build is the Best.

To me its in the timing.
1st Blood (i usually get 4min in the game if not 8)- Just use MoA Delay (throw Mark of assassin, wait for it to get off CD then use flash, hit,ignite,MoA,Hit boom dead) and pretty much 1st blood, only works on squishy champs, or if you can out damage tanky champs
11min in game- At this point you should have cutlass, the amount of kills you need from minions (about 40~60) Amount of kills from players about 4 (4 ganks = 300 per kill *depending on if they killed a player or not*) and you should be sitting at at least 2k or bit less, if you killed enough minions or not and you haven't visited the Bank not once.
20min in - by this time you should have Gunblade and working on a sheen, at this point in the game you are a GOD, you should be murdering faces in a 1v1, with out losing half health. Don't be a smart ass and jump in to a 3v1 fight unless you know for a fact you can get in an out with at least 1 or 2 kills, hell all 3. Ive only done that about twice in my time playing akali.

25 min in- by this time you should have sheen and should be either working on Rageblade, Defensive item or Gunblade (depends on Team, money and amount of kills you have)

35min in- by this time if they haven't GG'ed because your so OP then just keep going with the following items orders. This is how your inventory should look like by numbers. 1. Hextech Gunblade 2.Sheen 3. Rageblade(or 2nd gunblade) 4. Defensive item 5.Rylia's (or Rageblade or Mejia) and 6 of course Wards
I shouldn't need to go further in time, because most of my games gg at 35min mark or less

Also Mejia's soulstealer is great on Akali, but it depends on how fast you can get a Gunblade, i wouldn't recommend this if you have a gunblade 30min into the game (your first one) but if you get it 20min or less go all for it

As far as Working around this build, if your team A. Feeds, B.Sucks or C. Just bad Comp. Just get items depending on situation or Need.

Remember Akali isn't a Tank, but she is a GLASS CANNON, use her to her best abilities, timing is everything, So please do not shroud to initiate, or spam all 3 SD, play smart with her, because she will do you well in the end