Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ideas for leaver people

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Cricher

11-03-2010

Hi first to all,well,my english isnt good enough but i can say a few things and i think you will understand me.
Im tired of coming from school,playing a game and always have one leaver per 3 matchs.Sometimes you can win a 4vs5,but now people know how to play,so its kinda impossible,and there isnt more choice than surrender.
So my idea is,if u can ban 5 minutes when someone left "hero picking part",isnt a good idea ban 24 hs or 12 hs leavers?
Someone will play 5vs5,and doesnt have to get tired and angry all the game cause of that person.

please,opinion
ty

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

colloquial

Emissary of the League

11-03-2010

Riot is currently working on an automated banning system.

Here are some details for anyone who missed it:

Quote:
Zileas:
We are in the process of developing an automated leave banning system that works sortof like a driver's license point system.

Quote:
Zileas:
yes, you are someone who would never get a penalty with that sort of record.

It's basically this:

As you leave, you gain guilt
As you complete games and don't leave, you lose guilt
If you are guilty enough, you get penalized some and get told to cut it out
If you are REALLY guilty, you get penalized A LOT -- and get told to cut it out if you want to continue playing LoL.

Quote:
Zileas:
Nope, we will ban you for leaving a normal game too. Basically, if you are going to be a consistent leaver over time, you are hurting the experiences of your fellow gamers. It doesn't matter to us 'why' this is the case after a certain point.

Why this fascination with Fairness? Are we creating an tyrannical society in LoL where you feel oppressed because you can't leave with impunity or something? The difference between freedoms given by a government, and freedoms given in a game are that -- if you think the game is oppressive, you can just go somewhere else, just like you don't go to that bar where the bartender is a jerk. Not the case with an oppressive government... that's why its legit for us to be total jerks to people who leave, regardless of the reasons, while it's not OK for the government to not listen to your arguments about speeding.

the system won't be dumb, you'll have to leave a considerable amount to get serious bans, and you get excused to a degree after a lot of good behavior.

Quote:
Zileas:
Too bad then. It's the same effect on everyone else.

Fair criminal justice depends upon innocent until proven guilty. This makes it so that few innocent people are convicted, but a lot of guilty people get away too.

We would rather hit all of the guilty people and have a little more 'unfair' banning, especially since you are still ruining people's games if you leave and didn't mean to.

What I'm saying is, if you really want to solve a problem quickly, guilty until proven innocent works more efficiently. That's why we will be taking this approach with this system. If someone really is wronged, I suppose they can email support and show that there was a thunderstorm over their house when they left and maybe we will cut them a break.... But that still wont explain the other leaves before then...