How to change video settings?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malthias

11-03-2010

My mac is shutting down just as a match loads. I think it has to do with my video settings. I was able to play one game for awhile before it shutdown but it was running really slow. the only problem is that I can't see where to change the video settings. It looks like it can only be done in a match, but i wanted to make sure. thanks for any assistance.

xYOMAMAx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

not 100% sure on the mac version but for the PC version, go to where you installed it and follow this path: \League of Legends\game\DATA\CFG in that folder is a "game.cfg" file. open it with any text editor. You should be able to use Word or the mac equivalent to notepad.

Most of it makes some sense. resolution is under [General] Height and Width. Texture stuff is all the "_ _ _ _ _ _ Quality=#" lower number is lower detail.

i'm more of a pc guy but shutting down during game starts or shortly after is often overheating of either processor or video card. try lowering all the settings and seeing if you can get through the tutorial.

sciyth

11-08-2010

the only place i found where i could change settings is in game. near the miny map at the battom of the screed their is a little gear. from their i was able to change the level of character , enviroment, and effects quality. i should note that once i changed the settings i was completely frozen for about 30 seconds. i also don't know if those settings carried on to other games.

xYOMAMAx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-08-2010

when i try and make optimal settings for a new to LoL computer, i start a practice game and make sure i get the best FPS i can during that. make sure to exit the game properly and even logging out of LoL properly and waiting a bit forces everything to save.

xYOMAMAx