Lyte is asking about Champ Select in GD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

naotasan

03-19-2013

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3220746

Chances that he'll reply to Dominion anyone?

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-19-2013

I don't think he really has anything to do with dominion...he deals a lot with the psychology of players, tribunal, positive reinforcement vs punishment etc. I don't think he would have any knowledge or influence on what is going on in dominion, and so would probably not give any answers regarding it.

Talith PA

03-19-2013

His job is to figure out how to make people actually work together instead of hating each other the moment they hit champ select.

I pity him.

Genericke

03-19-2013

I really wish they'd make prisoner's island happen. I know they want to improve player behaviour, but personally I couldn't give a ****. Especially knowing what I could read in some of those chat logs. Oh man prisoner's island would make for some quality entertainment.

NamKim

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talith PA View Post
His job is to figure out how to make people actually work together instead of hating each other the moment they hit champ select.

I pity him.
Lyte has mentioned many times that when he first got the job, many, many people in respected video game/psychology positions told Lyte that he is wasting his time on this.

Lyte believed otherwise and he says statistically that his efforts are actually very effective.

I feel that for Lyte, his current job is his dream job. He is a heavy gamer working in one of the fastest growing gaming companies around and he pretty much has all of the League of Legends community as his Guinea pigs. It's a gaming psychologist's dream job.

Golly

03-19-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3220746

Chances that he'll reply to Dominion anyone?
0. Is there any reason for him to chime in about Dominion?

lbgsloan

03-20-2013

If they changed Dominion so you had to select your role in advance (ie top or bot), blind pick queues would be 5 hours long.

And yeah I don't think there's any easy solution for SR, if there's a solution at all. Everyone in yoloq wants top or mid, and nobody wants to 0 cs support for random people. Riot needs to change the appeal of the support slot or Lyte is simply fighting a losing battle.